- In streaming wars, Disney reaches beyond kids and families
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 08:43:39 -0500 - During commercial breaks in a broadcast of World Wrestling Entertainment's WWE SmackDown, fans were shown ads for Walt Disney Co's new streaming service, Disney+. So were "Monday Night Football" viewers and video gamers watching Twitch.
- Violence brings Hong Kong to 'brink of total breakdown': police
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 08:35:36 -0500 - Hong Kong police fired tear gas on Tuesday in the Central financial district, over the harbour in Mong Kok and at universities to break up pro-democracy protests which they said were leading the city to the "brink of total breakdown".
- Bolivia's Morales boards plane to Mexico as protests rage in La Paz
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 08:21:16 -0500 - Bolivia's ousted president Evo Morales was flying to political asylum in Mexico on Monday night, the latest step in the once-beloved leader's rapid fall, while military and police deployed in the streets of La Paz to quell violence.
- German prosecutors indict current and former Volkswagen managers
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 08:12:53 -0500 - German prosecutors on Tuesday filed charges against a current Volkswagen manager as well as a former manager and two former board members, accusing them of a breach of fiduciary trust in connection with salary awards to works council members.
- Bolivia seeks new leader as Morales heads for Mexico refuge
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:51:09 -0500 - Bolivia's former leader Evo Morales was flying to Mexico for asylum on Tuesday as security forces sought to quell violence over the long-serving leftist's resignation and lawmakers searched for an interim replacement.
- As impeachment probe starts new phase, Trump promises another transcript
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:44:47 -0500 - U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday dangled a new line of defense a day before Congress' impeachment inquiry into his dealings with Ukraine goes public, promising to release details about another call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
- U.S. Supreme Court to hear Trump bid to end safeguards for immigrant 'Dreamers'
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:29:10 -0500 - The U.S. Supreme Court is set on Tuesday to hear arguments over the legality of President Donald Trump's effort to rescind a program that protects from deportation hundreds of thousands of immigrants who entered the United States illegally as children - dubbed "Dreamers" - part of his tough immigration policies.
- Israel kills Islamic Jihad commander, rockets rain from Gaza
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:27:13 -0500 - Israel killed a top commander from the Iranian-backed Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad in a rare targeted strike in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, drawing retaliatory rocket salvoes that reached as far as Tel Aviv.
- How a preacher sent gunmen into Burkina Faso's schools
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:04:03 -0500 - When an Islamist preacher took up the fight in Burkina Faso's northern borderlands almost a decade ago, his only weapon was a radio station. The words he spoke kindled the anger of a frustrated population, and helped turn their homes into a breeding ground for jihad.
- Markets hope for positive signs from Trump trade speech
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 06:35:04 -0500 - U.S. President Donald Trump is scheduled to discuss the country's trade policy at the Economic Club of New York on Tuesday, and the markets are likely to hang on every word.
- Netanyahu says Israel-Gaza fighting 'could take time'
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 06:32:49 -0500 - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said fighting with Palestinian Islamic Jihad militants that erupted after Israel killed their top field commander in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday could prove protracted.
- Explainer: What to expect from the televised Trump impeachment hearings this week
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 06:11:12 -0500 - U.S. Democrats launch the public phase of their impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump this week, with open, televised hearings set for Wednesday and Friday in the House of Representatives.
- Factbox: What rules will the House use in televised impeachment hearings?
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 06:09:31 -0500 - When millions of Americans watch the first televised hearing in the impeachment inquiry into U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday, they will see a different procedure than is ordinarily used for congressional committee hearings.
- As longtime Trump adviser Stone's trial resumes, pivotal witness looms
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 06:05:04 -0500 - The criminal trial of President Donald Trump's longtime adviser Roger Stone is set to resume with testimony expected as soon as Tuesday from another important prosecution witness - Trump's former deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates.
- Highlights: Hong Kong on edge as anti-government protests grip city
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:23:56 -0500 - Hong Kong police fired tear gas in the heart of the Central financial district and at two university campuses to break up pro-democracy protests.
- Global stocks seek enlightenment from Trump on trade
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:07:41 -0500 - World shares inched higher on Tuesday as investors awaited a speech by President Donald Trump on U.S. trade policy and on news he was likely to delay a decision on European auto tariffs.
- Iraq's elite rallies around Iran-backed plan to hang on to power
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:05:31 -0500 - Iraq's ruling parties appear to have rallied behind a strategy, blessed by Iran, to try to survive a mass anti-government uprising by containing protests on the streets of Baghdad while offering a package of political reforms and elections next year.
- 'Shameful' of UK not to publish report on Russian meddling, says Hillary Clinton
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 05:04:28 -0500 - Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticized as "shameful" British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's decision not to publish a parliamentary report on Russian meddling in UK politics until after an election next month.
- Behind Trump-Erdogan 'bromance,' a White House meeting to repair U.S.-Turkey ties
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 03:35:48 -0500 - At the 2012 opening of Trump Towers in Istanbul, real estate mogul Donald Trump sang the praises of Tayyip Erdogan, telling a mostly Turkish audience that their leader, prime minister at the time, was "highly respected" around the world.
- Election gift for PM Johnson: Brexit Party stands down in Conservative seats
- Tue, 12 Nov 2019 03:19:46 -0500 - Prime Minister Boris Johnson won the most significant boost of the British election campaign to date when Nigel Farage's Brexit Party pulled out of 317 Conservative-held seats in a bid to prevent opponents of Brexit controlling the next parliament.