- Democrats to argue Trump obstructed probe in third day of impeachment trial
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 06:08:10 -0500 - Democrats serving as prosecutors in U.S. President Donald Trump's impeachment trial will make their case that he improperly interfered in Congress' probe of his dealings with Ukraine in their final day of arguments on Friday.
- Trump impeachment prosecutor, Adam Schiff, is becoming Exhibit A in president's defense
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 06:04:04 -0500 - The lawmaker walking U.S. senators methodically through the case for removing President Donald Trump from office is also becoming Exhibit A in efforts by the president's allies to defend him.
- China shuts transport, temples, Disneyland as virus toll rises to 25
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 06:02:10 -0500 - China stepped up measures to contain a virus that has killed 25 people and infected more than 800, suspending public transport in 10 cities, shutting temples over the Lunar New Year, and rushing to construct a hospital to treat the infected.
- WHO expects coronavirus cases to rise to rise in China
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 06:01:57 -0500 - Cases of the new coronavirus are likely to continue to rise in China and it is too soon to evaluate its severity, a spokesman for the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday.
- Myanmar already protecting Rohingya, ruling party says after world court's order
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:52:48 -0500 - Myanmar has put in place measures to protect Rohingya Muslims, a spokesman for the ruling party said on Friday, shrugging off an order from the International Court of Justice a day earlier to stop genocidal acts against the ethnic minority.
- UK scolds U.S. for refusing to give up diplomat's wife involved in crash
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:50:44 -0500 - Britain on Friday scolded the United States for refusing to extradite a U.S. diplomat's wife who was involved in a car crash that killed a British teenager.
- 'No, No America': Iraq protesters demand U.S. military pullout
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:45:41 -0500 - Thousands of Iraqis rallied at two central Baghdad intersections on Friday after a prominent cleric called for a "million strong" protest against the American military presence, following the U.S. killing of an Iranian general and an Iraqi militia chief.
- Probe into fatal Australia bushfire plane crash complicated by dangers
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:24:18 -0500 - Australian officials were working on Friday to extricate the bodies of three U.S. firefighters from a plane that crashed in remote bushland, as the area's "active" bushfire status complicated an investigation into the accident.
- CO2 concentration set for biggest annual rise, fueled by Australian bushfires
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:24:18 -0500 - The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere this year is likely to show one of the largest annual rises since measurements began in 1958, partly fueled by Australian bushfires, according to research by Britain's Met Office.
- Thailand confirms fifth case of new coronavirus
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:18:21 -0500 - Thailand on Friday confirmed its fifth case of the new coronavirus, a senior public health official said, in the second instance in which a patient was not detected at the airport before entering the country.
- Britain scolds United States over refusal to extradite diplomat's wife
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:17:17 -0500 - Britain on Friday scolded the United States for refusing to extradite a U.S. diplomat's wife who was involved in a car crash that killed a British teenager.
- Some parts of China's Great Wall closed to visitors
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:00:20 -0500 - Some sections of China's Great Wall near Beijing will be closed to visitors from Saturday to help prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, state media and the Beijing government office which manages the Badaling part of the wall said on Friday.
- Beijing, Shanghai urge people from virus outbreak areas to stay at home for 14 days
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 04:22:24 -0500 - Beijing city government has urged residents returning from coronavirus outbreak areas to stay at home for 14 days to prevent its spread, the Beijing Daily said on Friday.
- Shanghai Disney shuts to prevent spread of virus
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 04:19:37 -0500 - Walt Disney Co's Shanghai Disney Resort will be closed until further notice to help China stop the spread of a flu-like virus, costing the theme park operator revenue during the country's biggest holiday season.
- Factbox: As virus spreads, hotels, airlines offer refunds, stores close
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 04:17:21 -0500 - Hotels and airlines are offering refunds to people traveling to China after a new coronavirus breakout there killed 25 people and infected more than 800.
- China building 1,000-bed hospital over the weekend to treat coronavirus
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 04:00:49 -0500 - The Chinese city of Wuhan is rapidly building a new 1,000-bed hospital to treat victims of a new coronavirus, mobilizing machinery to get it ready by early next week, state media said.
- Sizing up Australia's bushfires
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 03:54:33 -0500 - (This January 9 story corrects to remove paragraphs 2 and 3, which were incorrect)
- European stocks shrug off coronavirus fears
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 03:49:21 -0500 - European shares on Friday shrugged off worries over the coronavirus outbreak after the World Health Organisation designated it an emergency for China but not yet for the rest of the world.
- Flights to Moscow from China's Wuhan suspended over coronavirus fears: Ifax
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 03:45:22 -0500 - Flights to Moscow from the Chinese city of Wuhan have been suspended over fears about the spread of a previously unknown coronavirus strain, Interfax news agency cited an unnamed source as saying on Friday.
- Japan tells citizens not to take any trips to China's Hubei province due to coronavirus
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 03:44:33 -0500 - Japan on Friday raised its infectious disease advisory level for China's Hubei province to 3, telling its citizens not to take any trips there due to the new coronavirus outbreak, the Foreign Ministry said.