- Stocks mixed as strong U.S. retail sales offset weak European manufacturing data
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:48:55 -0400 - A gauge of global stocks fell on Thursday after underwhelming manufacturing surveys from Asia and Europe, though it pared losses as Wall Street edged higher on strong U.S. retail sales data and earnings from industrial companies.
- House Democratic leader Hoyer: impeachment 'not worthwhile': CNN
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:44:44 -0400 - U.S. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said after the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Thursday that impeachment of President Donald Trump was not worthwhile with an election coming up in 18 months.
- In unflattering detail, Mueller report reveals Trump actions to impede inquiry
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:44:19 -0400 - (Advisory: Story includes language that might offend some readers.)
- Wall Street closes slightly higher, industrials lead
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:28:31 -0400 - Industrials led the S&P 500 and the Dow moderately higher on Thursday after robust U.S. economic data and some healthy corporate earnings reports.
- Factbox: New revelations from the Mueller report
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:28:20 -0400 - There are several aspects of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 U.S. election campaign that were not previously known until the release of his report on Thursday.
- Man who carried gas cans into NY cathedral charged with attempted arson
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:21:52 -0400 - A 37-year-old man who entered New York's famed St. Patrick's Cathedral carrying two full gasoline cans, lighter fluid and lighters was charged with attempted arson on Thursday, police said.
- Earnings deluge could make or break sentiment
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:17:06 -0400 - Next week will go a long way in determining whether investors should be concerned about the dawning of an earnings recession or whether back-to-back quarters of negative growth can be avoided in what is the heaviest week for profit reporting by U.S. companies.
- Pinterest, Zoom shares surge in market debut after IPOs
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:04:23 -0400 - Shares of Pinterest Inc surged 25 percent in their debut on Thursday, giving the online scrapbook company a market capitalization of $15.8 billion and signaling increased investor appetite for new tech listings.
- House Democrat Nadler sees evidence of obstruction in Mueller report
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:00:42 -0400 - U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said on Thursday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation report outlines "disturbing evidence that President Trump engaged in obstruction of justice and other misconduct."
- Top Democrats say Mueller report undercuts Barr claims on Trump obstruction
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:00:22 -0400 - The two top Democrats in Congress said on Thursday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report undercuts claims by Attorney General William Barr that President Donald Trump did not obstruct justice in the federal Russia probe.
- North Korea calls for Pompeo to be dropped from talks; tests tactical weapon
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:40:17 -0400 - North Korea said on Thursday it no longer wanted to deal with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and that he should be replaced in talks by someone more mature, hours after it announced its first weapons test since nuclear talks broke down.
- Help each other, pope tells prisoners at foot washing rite
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:32:43 -0400 - Pope Francis washed and kissed the feet of 12 prisoners on Thursday at a traditional service, telling them to shun any inmate hierarchy structure or law of the strongest and to help each other instead.
- Explainer: How the EU will vote and why it matters
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:30:02 -0400 - A poll for the European Parliament showed that last-minute British participation in next month's elections to the European Union's legislature means eurosceptic groups will gain ground but pro-EU parties will keep a majority.
- Time-lapse shots of Notre-Dame spire may yield clues on blaze
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:18:33 -0400 - A time lapse camera installed just hours before Monday's devastating blaze at Notre-Dame de Paris may contain vital clues as to what caused the inferno, a French scaffolding company working at the cathedral said on Thursday.
- Mortar bombs land on Tripoli suburb as two-week battle rages on
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:10:43 -0400 - Mortar bombs crashed down on a suburb of Tripoli on Thursday, almost hitting a clinic and adding to people's suffering after two weeks of an offensive by eastern troops on the Libyan capital, which is held by an internationally recognized government.
- Mueller report provides intimate scenes from the Trump White House
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:07:05 -0400 - (Note: Story includes language throughout that will offend some readers.)
- Factbox: Long-awaited Mueller report is finally out. Now what?
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:51:08 -0400 - Special Counsel Robert Mueller's 448-page report on Russia's meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election was publicly unveiled on Thursday, capping a 22-month investigation that President Donald Trump repeatedly labeled a "witch hunt."
- Trump curses Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency'
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:50:17 -0400 - (Advisory: Story includes language that might offend some readers.)
- Zoom starts trading at $65 per share, 80 percent above IPO price
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:45:18 -0400 - Video conferencing company Zoom Video Communications opened at $65 per share on Thursday, 80.6 percent above its initial public offering price, in its debut on the Nasdaq.
- Debate over future Notre-Dame spire fuels French divisions
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:34:02 -0400 - President Emmanuel Macron might have hoped he was striking a note for modernity and openness in announcing an international competition to design a new spire for Notre-Dame cathedral, but he may have opened a can of worms instead.