CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Ewan McGregor to return as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Disney+ series
- Sat, 24 Aug 2019 00:37 GMT - Ewan McGregor will be reprising his iconic role as Obi-Wan Kenobi for Disney's streaming service Disney+.
- U.S. Steel to idle Indiana plant, 150 jobs at risk
- Sat, 24 Aug 2019 00:33 GMT - U.S. Steel said on Friday it will idle a plant in Indiana by mid-November as part of the consolidation of its till mill operations in the United States, a move which could result in lay-offs for nearly 150 employees.
- Tesla solar panels reportedly caught fire at an Amazon warehouse in 2018
- Sat, 24 Aug 2019 00:28 GMT - Tesla solar energy systems reportedly ignited at an Amazon warehouse in Redlands, California last June, and the Seattle e-commerce titan confirmed that it has no further plans to buy solar energy systems from Tesla.
- Recession-proof your life with these four steps
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:41 GMT - With all the rumblings about a possible recession on the horizon, it pays to be prepared.
- She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel coming to Disney+
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:36 GMT -
- 'There's more room to fall' in this market, Wharton's Jeremy Siegel warns
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:16 GMT - "I would love this to be clarified. We come to a deal on trade, boy, this market is up 10 to 15%, but without it's going to be worrisome," Jeremy Siegel says.
- Everything we learned at D23's Disney+ panel
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:39 GMT - Disney is set to reveal new information about its upcoming streaming service's shows and films during its Disney+ panel at D23 Expo in Anaheim, California.
- Japan coastguard says it detected North Korean ballistic missile launch
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:30 GMT - Japan's coastguard said it had detected ballistic missile launches from North Korea and warned shipping to stay to stay clear of any debris.
- Divided Fed reluctant to cut rates in face of global 'spreading recession,' David Rosenberg says
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:19 GMT - The divided Federal Reserve is reluctant to cut rates in the face of mounting global economic pressure, Gluskin Sheff's David Rosenberg told CNBC on Friday.
- Bank of England Governor Mark Carney says trade war hurts confidence
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 21:34 GMT - Bank of England Governor Mark Carney says trade war has a confidence effect on business around the world
- Trump will raise tariff rates on Chinese goods in response to trade war retaliation
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 21:01 GMT - Trump said he will raise tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods to 30% and hike duties on another $300 billion in products to 15%.
- Week ahead: Stocks could be rocky on trade, economy fears, as August breaks low volatility streak
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 20:49 GMT - The final week of August could be highly volatile as markets fret over the economy and the latest developments in trade wars.
- Trade slams stocks as Fed takes wait-and-see stance—what experts are saying
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 20:20 GMT - Escalating trade tensions and a Federal Reserve speech seemingly tilted toward more interest rate cuts have experts glued to developments out of Washington.
- Fed Vice Chair Clarida says the global economic outlook has worsened since July meeting
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 20:13 GMT - Federal Reserve Vice Chair Richard Clarida said Friday that the global economy has deteriorated in the past month.
- First death reported from vaping-related lung illness, officials say
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:48 GMT - The death comes as federal and state health officials investigate a slew of lung illnesses in connection to e-cigarette use.
- French prosecutors open probe of possible crimes linked to Jeffrey Epstein
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:22 GMT - Epstein, a former friend of Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, was arrested in July after he flew to the U.S. from Paris. He died by suicide in jail.
- Lowe's is vying for a type of customer that Home Depot has traditionally dominated
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:53 GMT - Lowe's is vying for a category of customer that Home Depot has traditionally dominated — the professional contractor.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes cancer treatment for pancreatic tumor
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:33 GMT - Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy for cancer, the top court said in a statement Friday.
- Trump's trade threats increased the chances for a recession, but also a Fed rate cut
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:24 GMT - The latest escalation in the trade war ups the odds the economy will fall into recession and that the Fed will aggressively cut rates.
- Here's a list of American products targeted by China's new tariffs
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 17:49 GMT - Here are the products that stand to be the most affected by China's new tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods.
- Apple and chip stocks slide after Trump orders US companies to look for alternative to China
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:42 GMT - Semiconductor and Apple shares slid after President Trump said U.S. companies should "immediately start looking for an alternative" to operations in China.
- In a bad sign for trade talks, Trump deploys a new label for China's Xi – 'enemy'
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:40 GMT - "My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?" Trump wrote amid a series of tweets that rattled markets Friday.
- Shares of companies that manufacture in China plunge after Trump orders them to move
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:20 GMT - Multinationals that rely on the supply chain from China are tumbling after President Donald Trump ordered them to find alternatives to their Chinese operations.
- President Trump met with trade team at White House amid tweetstorm that rocked markets
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:51 GMT - The president tweeted Friday morning that he was ordering "our great American companies" to "immediately start looking for an alternative to China."
- Trump 'hereby' orders US companies to find an alternative to China
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:03 GMT - "We don't need China and, frankly, would be far better off without them," Trump tweeted.
- Here's why you might want to rethink getting an adjustable rate mortgage
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:57 GMT - With recessionary fears causing longer-term interest rates to hover near or below short-term rates, the advantage that typically comes with adjustable-rate mortgages has shrunk — or entirely disappeared — at some lenders.
- Self-made millionaire: 6 biggest money lies young people need to stop telling themselves
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:35 GMT - Time for a reality check.
- Yield curve inverts again Friday as Trump reignites fears the trade war will lead to a recession
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 08:02 GMT - Yields slipped after Powell said the central bank will continue to act as appropriate to sustain the economic expansion.
- Dow plummets more than 600 points after Trump orders US manufacturers to leave China
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 06:20 GMT - Stocks dropped after Donald Trump ordered that U.S. manufacturers find alternatives to their operations in China.
- 4 ways to recession-proof your career
- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 21:49 GMT - Work "from a place of strength rather than out of fear," suggests one expert.