- Tropical Storm Harvey springs back life, now threatens one-third of U.S. refining capacity
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 21:05 GMT - Watching what could be the first hurricane to make landfall in Texas since 2008 and dump up to two feet of rain on the heart of the U.S. refining industry.
- Krawcheck, once told to 'sit down and shut up' at Citi, lands $32.5m for women's investing start-up
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 21:04 GMT - Sallie Krawcheck's storied career on Wall Street gave her the perspective and the money to create an investing start-up for women.
- 'Trump is going to have to eat his words' on wall, shutdown: Fmr. Bush aide
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 21:02 GMT - Politically, it would be worse to shut the government down than to fail to erect a wall, Sara Fagen said.
- Guess shares soar after earnings beat
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 21:00 GMT - CEO Victor Herrero said the company saw strong revenue growth in both Europe and Asia, where the company has been opening new stores.
- These are the 10 most crowded trades on Wall Street right now
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:52 GMT - The stocks active managers like the best
- 3 things companies can learn from Google's response to the anti-diversity memo
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:52 GMT - "Customers are more forgiving than employees."
- Amazon and Wal-Mart might be fighting over Nordstrom next, Foursquare says
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:38 GMT - This suggested buy list, built on Foursquare data, includes retailers like Nordstrom, Warby Parker, Ulta and Lowe's.
- FTC allows Amazon, Whole Foods deal to proceed
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:27 GMT - The Federal Trade Commission will allow Amazon to continue its $13.7 billion deal to acquire Whole Foods.
- Uber's business continued to improve last quarter as bookings rose 17% to $8.7 billion
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:55 GMT - Uber its losses 14 percent in the second quarter from a year ago, as the ride-hailing giant grew bookings, trips and revenue.
- Hospital chain pledges to cut opioid prescriptions 40 percent by 2018 in face of painkiller epidemic
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:34 GMT - If Intermountain Healthcare reaches its goal, it will prescribe 5 million fewer opioid pills annually.
- Typhoon batters Macau, taking casino stocks with it
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:34 GMT - Union Gaming analyst Grant Govertsen believes the typhoon will hurt Macau's casino revenues.
- Trump vs. McConnell: Here’s where this crazy feud is headed
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:27 GMT - In the "political cold war" between President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, here's who has the most to lose and what's next, according to Jake Novak.
- Google throws lifeline to desperate retail industry besieged by Amazon
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:20 GMT - Wal-Mart's teaming up to sell products on Google Home could spark hope for struggling retailers.
- Don’t expect the Google partnership to help Wal-Mart beat Amazon
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:17 GMT - A VC says that Amazon still has the upper hand in e-commerce despite Wal-Mart's many efforts to stay competitive.
- Target names new chief strategy and innovation officer
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:12 GMT - Target has named consultant Minsok Pak as its chief strategy and innovation officer.
- Changes to that popular mortgage deduction won't rattle the housing market, economist says
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:58 GMT - What's driving real estate "is our sense of where we're going and the uncertainty" with the new administration, Robert Shiller said.
- This industry is creating millions of high-paying jobs that don't require a college degree
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:57 GMT - Health care is expected to generate 9.8 million new jobs by 2024.
- Here's who won the 5 biggest US lottery prizes ever
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:47 GMT - Wednesday's Powerball could be the No. 2 biggest jackpot in the history of the lottery.
- These companies will help you pay to go to college
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:38 GMT - Some employers offer as much as $25,000 in tuition assistance.
- How tech companies are trying to combat the ‘radicalization’ of young people online
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:34 GMT - Researchers say white supremacists are even more sophisticated than jihadists in their use of the internet, N.Y. Times reports.
- Top Wall Street quant could be entering the ETF game
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:33 GMT - Cliff Asness' AQR Capital filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission last Thursday for an exemption that would allow it to potentially launch ETFs.
- The Rock is the 2nd highest-paid actor—here's how much he earns per 'Ballers' episode
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:30 GMT - Dwayne Johnson is one of TVs highest-paid comedy players.
- Paul Ryan again pushes for a simpler tax code
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:25 GMT - Paul Ryan, long a proponent of tax reform, hopes to approve a bill before the end of the year.
- Mexican peso recovers from steepest losses as market sees no proof Trump is dropping NAFTA
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:23 GMT - The Mexican peso recovered much of its early losses as investors saw no immediate impact from Trump's threat to exit NAFTA.
- The biggest investing mistakes of each generation
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:08 GMT - Millennials are asking for the investing education that earlier generations were never given, U.S. News reports.
- Energy stocks are in a bear market – but for one investor, that spells opportunity
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:06 GMT - One fund manager just made a bold, bullish call on energy stocks.
- Former Apple engineers sold their 'smart' pill bottle start-up to a prescription delivery company
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:58 GMT - Alto Pharmacy, a delivery service, has bought Round Health, a start-up that has created a "smart" pill bottle.
- Ellen Pao: VC firms hire women to do 'menial tasks' and 'clean up all the problems'
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:54 GMT - "The women had twice as many years at Kleiner, but only the men got promoted," Pao writes.
- Location matters (tax-wise) when you buy those Powerball tickets
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:49 GMT - Before you buy a Powerball ticket on a whim, consider this: Where you got it makes a big difference.
- Taylor Swift ends intrigue, announces new album in November
- Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:34 GMT - The pop star announced on Instagram her new album will be out Nov. 10.