- 'Kinder, gentler' and other George HW Bush quotes
- Wed, 18 Mar 2026 04:00 GMT - Quotations from former President George H.W. Bush.
- Trade deal with China could be elusive until bitter end of negotiating period
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:42 GMT - A new round of high-level talks and some potential giveback on tariffs by China was a bright spot in the U.S.-China trade war, but strategists say the peace could be fleeting and the situation could get worse before it gets better.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn't in office yet and she's already revealing inner workings of Congress
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:40 GMT - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the incoming freshman lawmaker from New York, has renewed longstanding debates on the financial challenges facing members of Congress and their staff.
- Cuomo preparing recreational marijuana plan for New York in 2019
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:24 GMT - The Office of Governor Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday reaffirmed its commitment to creating a model program for controlled recreational marijuana use.
- Mueller may have more to reveal about ex-Trump campaign boss Paul Manafort's alleged lies
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:21 GMT - In a heavily redacted court filing Friday, Mueller laid out five lies Manafort is alleged to have told after he signed the plea agreement.
- Publicly, Mike Pence stays quiet for Trump. Privately, he takes on more presidential duties
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:17 GMT - So far this month, Vice President Mike Pence has attended the inauguration of Mexico's new president, delivered remarks about President George H.W. Bush and held two formal calls with U.S. allies:
- Judge orders porn star Stormy Daniels: Pay Trump $293,000 in attorneys' fees, sanctions
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:52 GMT - Trump's lawyer Charles Harder said that the fees that Daniels was ordered to pay amount to 75 percent of Trump's legal feels in the case.
- College endowments badly trail the market, would be better off just buying Treasurys, study shows
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:34 GMT - Major endowments in the United States, including those managed by colleges and universities, "badly underperform" market benchmarks, according to a new study.
- 'Hey, Alexa! How's my blood pressure?'
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:32 GMT - Omron Healthcare, maker of blood pressure monitors, now integrates with Amazon Alexa to help people manage their hypertension and other chronic ailments.
- Sure, Verizon blew $4.6 billion on AOL and Yahoo, but at least it isn't AT&T
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:17 GMT - Verizon's deals for Yahoo and AOL haven't worked out well, but AT&T M&A failures might be worse.
- At least 2 dead, 11 wounded in French Christmas market shooting
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:53 GMT - Gunshots in the centre of the French city of Strasbourg on the German border on Tuesday left two dead and three injured, the local fire department told Reuters.
- GE shares fall as low as $6.66, its closing price low during the financial crisis
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:32 GMT - General Electric shares fell as low as $6.66 share in trading Tuesday, a level which marked the lowest close for the stock during the financial crisis a decade ago.
- A big market collapse and $20 oil make the list of Nomura's 'grey swan' predictions for 2019
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:24 GMT - While black swans are impossible to predict, Nomura analysts put nine "grey swans" for 2019 on their radar.
- White House delays new farm aid payments on hopes of a China trade deal, sources say
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:21 GMT - The White House is delaying a second round of payments from a $12 billion aid package for farmers stung by a trade dispute between China and the United States, amid optimism China will soon resume buying U.S. soybeans, three sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- How a late night phone call from Warren Buffett in 2008 may have helped save the US economy
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 19:14 GMT - Former President George W. Bush says in a new documentary about the financial crisis that the bank deal that stemmed from Warren Buffett's call may have helped avert a depression.
- Tesla is seeking $167 million in damages from the former employee Elon Musk accused of sabotage
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:46 GMT - Tesla's legal battle with ex-employee Martin Tripp is turning even more acrimonious. The electric vehicle maker is now seeking $167 million in damages from the former process engineer, Nevada case filings reveal.
- Think you can get by on less than 5 hours of sleep tonight? Here's why you can't
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:42 GMT - There's a reason everyone is annoying you today.
- For 'simplicity,' Delta introduces 8 boarding categories, based on the price of the ticket
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:38 GMT - Delta Air Lines introduced on Tuesday a new boarding system with eight groups, in the name of "simplicity." Airlines are grappling with how best to board their planes after they've divided their cabins into smaller and smaller classes of service.
- As stocks, bonds and commodities flail, technician says one area of the market is safe
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:25 GMT - Not much is working on Wall Street this year. One technician has found a corner of the market that works in both good times and bad.
- Yellen and the Fed are afraid of a corporate debt bubble, but investors still aren't
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:08 GMT - The corporate debt scaring policy experts like former Fed Chair Janet Yellen isn't throwing too much of a fright into market participants.
- 15 people taken to hospital with minor injuries after Disney World bus crash
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:05 GMT - Fifteen people have been taken to a hospital with minor injuries after two buses collided at Walt Disney World. A highway patrol spokeswoman says the passengers taken to the hospital had "very minor injuries."
- Whole Foods removes packaging with a cancer-linked chemical from its stores
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:04 GMT - Whole Foods Market said Tuesday it has eliminated packaging with a cancer-linked chemical from its stores.
- House Democrats prepare to push for $15 federal minimum wage, setting up clash with big business
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:44 GMT - When Democrats take a House majority next month for the first time since 2011, the power shift will give the campaign for a federal minimum wage hike its most credibility in years.
- Watch the explosive Oval Office battle between Trump, Schumer and Pelosi
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:35 GMT - President Donald Trump battled with the top Democrats in Congress on Tuesday in an explosive Oval Office confrontation over funding for the president's proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and the looming deadline for a spending package that will keep the government running.
- Trump, Pelosi and Schumer get into a heated Oval Office fight over border wall and shutdown
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:03 GMT - Trump says he would be "proud" to shut down parts of the government if it results in his border wall.
- A Nasa space capsule has become the second craft in history to reach interstellar space
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:41 GMT - Voyager 2 will use onboard instruments to collect data on the nature of interstellar space.
- Bank of America is more bullish than most on its oil price forecast for 2019
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:46 GMT - The bank sees Brent crude at $70 a barrel in 2019, saying OPEC's cuts are "sufficient" to support prices.
- There could be an unlikely place to hide out if a recession is coming: Housing
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:21 GMT - Some investors are fearing that the recent action in the stock and bond markets is signaling a recession may be nearing. If that's the case, there could be an unlikely market to hide out in this time: housing.
- Cybersecurity, trade tensions rank as top threats to markets in 2019, survey finds
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:01 GMT - The agency tasked with clearing and settlement for the financial markets is warning that "pockets of weakness" are starting to emerge across the financial system.
- Verizon takes a $4.6 billion charge on Yahoo and AOL as they fail to meet expectations
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:56 GMT - Verizon says the media segment is less valuable than previously thought, and has adjusted financial projections as a result.