CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Trump escalates tension with World Health Organization over coronavirus pandemic, repeats threat to withhold funding
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:07:41 GMT - Trump complained Wednesday that China contributes "a small fraction" of the amount of funding the U.S. sends to the WHO every year.
- Coronavirus live updates: New cases in Germany jump by nearly 5,000
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 06:14:24 GMT - The number of new confirmed cases in Germany jumped by 4,974 in the past 24 hours to a total of 108,202, according to data from the Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases.
- Five million more unemployment claims expected, but now layoffs are broader and could be more permanent
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:27:01 GMT - Another 5.25 million workers may have filed unemployment claims last week, reflecting a larger swath of the country now under shutdown.
- White House officials see 'real evidence' that coronvirus mitigation efforts are slowing outbreak, even as some states struggle
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:28:27 GMT - Birx said the New York metropolitan area, which includes Northern New Jersey, Connecticut and Rhode Island, is still reporting roughly 11,000 new cases a day and that about 40% of all COVID-19 tests are positive.
- Microsoft won't release its Surface Neo dual-screen PC later this year
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 04:21:48 GMT - The Neo, running the Windows 10X operating system, represented one of the latest steps Microsoft has taken to diversify the Surface lineup.
- Safety concerns over vaccine for coronavirus still remain, says expert
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 05:26:08 GMT - Currently, more than 70 countries are participating in the World Health Organization (WHO)'s trial to accelerate research on effective treatments, and around 20 organizations are in the race to develop a vaccine, according to WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- It's one of the harshest places on Earth — and travelers love it
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 04:55:15 GMT - It's been called "one of the most alien places on earth," a "gateway to hell" and a veritable "land of death." But travelers give it top marks.
- Coronavirus could spark a financial crisis for struggling countries, Singapore's trade minister warns
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 04:10:12 GMT - The economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic could cascade from a health catastrophe into a financial crisis in countries struggling to cope, Singapore's trade minister warned on Thursday.
- Not working due to lockdown? Here's how to keep busy and learn new skills
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 05:01:02 GMT - Experts tell CNBC how those not working due to the coronavirus pandemic can use this time to develop transferable skills.
- Mark Cuban says coronavirus will end up improving capitalism with companies putting employees first
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 21:53:18 GMT - "I think capitalism is going to become a lot smarter and a lot more compassionate because of what we're going through," Mark Cuban told CNBC.
- Cats should be kept inside if owners show coronavirus symptoms, veterinary scientists say
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:05:50 GMT - Pet cats should be kept inside if they live in a household where someone is suffering with the new coronavirus, veterinary scientists have said.
- Shocking drop in wholesale gas prices signals more refinery cutbacks and gasoline under $1
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:29:59 GMT - Wholesale gasoline prices are collapsing, a sign that more refineries will cut back and prices at the pump could sink to under $1 a gallon in more places.
- Demand for telemedicine has exploded in the UK as doctors adapt to the coronavirus crisis
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 05:16:31 GMT - Family doctors in the U.K. have seen their day-to-day work routines radically altered by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Hopes for at-home finger-prick coronavirus test dashed after accuracy is questioned
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 01:09:29 GMT - Initial optimism was dented this week after leading British scientists revealed that none of the tests they had tried so far were accurate enough to be of any use, NBC News reports.
- Disney shares jump as Disney+ subscriptions pass 50 million
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:33:51 GMT - Disney+ now has more than 50 million subscribers, after the service launched in India and Western Europe and as more people are inside because of coronavirus.
- This new normal 'matters for your life and your portfolio,' Jim Cramer says
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:04:31 GMT - "Even when the lockdown ends you've got to be prepared for a new world that looks very different from the old one," the "Mad Money" host said.
- 'Amazon is not taking care of us': Warehouse workers say they're struggling to get paid despite sick leave policy
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 21:48:07 GMT - Six Amazon workers told CNBC they've received partial pay or no pay at all while they're in quarantine due to the coronavirus.
- Self-made billionaire attributes his success to one particular competitive trait
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 02:21:27 GMT - Razer's co-founder and CEO, Min-Liang Tan, attributes the growth of his multimillion-dollar business to his gamer mentality.
- NBA star Chris Paul: 'We're all playing the sit-and-wait game' for the season to resume
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 21:37:27 GMT - The Oklahoma City guard said NBA players are aware of league discussions involving compensation after games were suspended last month due to the coronavirus.
- As coronavirus spread to the US, Clorox shares soared
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 20:46:03 GMT - Clorox shares soared in the first few months of 2020 as the new coronavirus spread throughout the U.S. The company had seen a spike in sales of its disinfecting wipes and other cleaning products, and investors felt it was a safe bet in an uncertain time.
- Google gets federal OK to operate subsea cable from Taiwan to US as it nears maximum capacity in Asia
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 01:16:21 GMT - The company applied for the clearance on April 2, saying it had an "immediate need" as it saw a potential for its systems to reach maximum capacity in the Asia-Pacific region within the next six months,
- Salesforce is working to bring another load of medical gear to the US this week
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:13:08 GMT - "This is a moment where business has to be the greatest platform for change," Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff said after donating millions of pieces of personal protective equipment to New York.
- Stock futures point to little changed open on Thursday
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 04:52:39 GMT - U.S. stock futures pointed to a little changed Thursday open in early morning trading.
- Starbucks second-quarter earnings to fall 46% as coronavirus hits sales
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:19:39 GMT - Starbucks also withdrew its outlook for fiscal 2020.
- Bank of America recording reveals a Wall Street torn between precaution and performance amid virus
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:42:21 GMT - "Of course, we are going to entertain special cases but not the 'I don't feel comfortable, sorry.' It doesn't work that way over the long term."
- Processing delays heighten anxiety for small businesses tapping $350 billion rescue program
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:09:15 GMT - Delays are heightening anxiety and confusion about a cornerstone of the Trump administration's $2 trillion response to the coronavirus crisis.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Disney, Costco, Virgin Galactic and more
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:31:38 GMT - Check out the companies making headlines after the bell.
- Jim Cramer spots 8 'instant winners' after China's Wuhan lockdown lifted
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 02:06:52 GMT - "With the opening of Wuhan last night it's a whole new ballgame for the second largest economy in the world," the "Mad Money" host said
- Etsy CEO says 20,000 of its shops are now selling face masks following CDC recommendation
- Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:02:58 GMT - "Our sellers are able to produce hundreds of thousands of masks per day," Etsy CEO Josh Silverman told CNBC.
- Linda Tripp, central figure in the Clinton impeachment, dies at 70
- Thu, 09 Apr 2020 01:05:20 GMT - Tripp, whose secretly recorded conversations with Monica Lewinsky became the catalyst for the impeachment of President Bill Clinton, was battling cancer.