- Harley-Davidson says it will not raise prices to cover EU tariff costs
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:36 GMT - Harley-Davidson said it would not raise retail or wholesale prices to its dealers to cover the costs of the retaliatory tariffs by the European Union on U.S. products.
- China extends its lead as the most prolific make of supercomputers
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:24 GMT - The new list of the 500 swiftest machines underlines how much faster China is supercomputers.
- Investors are fleeing the financials at the highest rate in years
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:08 GMT - Investors may think financials should be thriving. But they’re badly lagging, and fund flows paint an ugly picture.
- US says it's still working to reunite 2,053 immigrant children with their families
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:00 GMT - The U.S. government still has 2,053 children in its custody who were separated from their parents under President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy.
- Portion of Kentucky bourbon warehouse collapses
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:36 GMT - Emergency officials say a large section of a bourbon storage warehouse has collapsed at a distillery in Kentucky.
- China says the US domestic opioid market is the crux of the crisis
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27 GMT - China’s drug control agency said the U.S. should do more to cut its demand for opioids to tackle the use of synthetic drug fentanyl.
- Greystar to buy Education Realty for about $4.6 billion, including debt
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:12 GMT - The deal has an equity value of $3.15 billion, based on Education Realty's shares outstanding as on May 1.
- US Supreme Court is poised to rule on Trump's travel ban and other sensitive cases
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:59 GMT - The U.S. Supreme Court will issue rulings this week, including one on the legality of President Donald Trump’s ban on people from five Muslim-majority nations entering the country.
- In sign of detente, North Korea skips annual anti-US rally
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:17 GMT - North Korea has decided to skip one of the most symbolic and politically charged events of its calendar: the annual “anti-U.S. imperialism” rally marking the start of the Korean War.
- Uber kicks off a fight to keep operating in one of its most important cities
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:53 GMT - Uber will argue in court on Monday that it is "fit and proper" to operate in London after it was banned last year by regulators.
- Erdogan wins more power, and it might not help Turkey's economy
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:23 GMT - On already shaky footing, Turkey’s economy and assets are likely to be affected as all eyes turn to what the powerful and growth-hungry winner of Sunday’s elections — President Recep Tayyip Erdogan — will do next.
- US economic fundamentals are good. Don’t overreact to trade issues
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 06:17 GMT - The German trade surplus is stifling the economic growth in the rest of Europe, Michael Ivanovitch writes.
- Beyond the South China Sea: Beijing may target these waterways next
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 05:55 GMT - Many say Chinese President Xi Jinping's government may ramp up China's presence in neighboring waterways as it pursues regional supremacy.
- India has proposed a new fix for its bad debt problem. It may not be enough
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 05:09 GMT - India made the case for an Asset Reconstruction Company to tackle the debt that is crippling state-owned banks. Experts say the plan is likely not enough.
- One of the world's hottest property markets is readying a contentious change
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 03:28 GMT - The Hong Kong government is expected to announce a tax on vacant apartments to increase supply in the world’s least affordable housing market.
- China's Meituan-Dianping files for Hong Kong IPO, said to seek over $4 billion
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 03:18 GMT - China's Meituan-Dianping, an online food delivery-to-ticketing services platform, filed for a Hong Kong IPO on Monday, aiming to raise more than $4 billion.
- How these women went from earning 20 cents a day to sending their children to college
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:54 GMT - Reese Fernandez-Ruiz's social impact fashion line Rags2Riches has helped lift hundreds of artisans out of poverty.
- Stormy Daniels meeting with prosecutors in Cohen probe canceled, lawyer says
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:31 GMT - Porn actress Stormy Daniels had been set to meet with federal prosecutors in New York who are investigating President Donald Trump's former personal attorney.
- As trade war looms, China is trying to boost its banks' lending
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:04 GMT - China's central bank said on Sunday it would cut the amount of cash that some banks must hold as reserves by 50 basis points (bps), releasing $108 billion in liquidity, to accelerate the pace of debt-for-equity swaps and spur lending to smaller firms.
- US to give North Korea post-summit timeline with 'asks' soon, official says
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:04 GMT - The U.S. will present a timeline to North Korea with "specific asks" of Pyongyang after a historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea leader Kim Jong Un, a senior U.S. defense official said.
- Trump plans to bar China from investing in US tech firms and block more tech exports
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 00:57 GMT - President Donald Trump plans to bar many Chinese companies from investing in U.S. technology companies and block additional technology exports to China, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- Erdogan proclaimed winner of Turkey's presidential election
- Mon, 25 Jun 2018 00:10 GMT - President Recep Tayyip Erdogan won Turkey's landmark election Sunday, the country's electoral commission said.
- Cash hoarders aren't the only problem for Japan's struggling fund industry
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 23:56 GMT - Japan's stagnant mutual fund industry is hunting for revitalization.
- How succeeding later in life shaped Anthony Bourdain: 'I feel like I've stolen a car'
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 23:00 GMT - "I keep looking in the rear-view mirror for flashing lights."
- GE is said to close in on a $3B-plus deal to sell industrial engine unit to a private equity firm
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 22:39 GMT - General Electric is close to a deal that would sell its industrial engine unit to a private equity firm named Advent.
- Many companies at Cannes Lions had yachts, but Google, Facebook, Spotify and Twitter have beaches
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 22:08 GMT - Technology companies have become a larger presence Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. And as the internet changes how what we watch, do and buy, it's a sign of how tech is disrupting the advertising and media industries.
- Tech could soon turn into the market's headache: Wells Fargo's Chris Harvey
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 21:54 GMT - The proliferation of diehard tech bulls is making one analyst fearful that the end of its reign might be close.
- Trump issues challenge to trading partners: Bring down barriers or face 'reciprocity'
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 20:27 GMT - President Donald Trump issued a stark warning to the United States' trading partners on Sunday, calling on global economies to end to all protectionist barriers.
- The 26-year-old Museum of Ice Cream founder explains her recipe for success
- Sun, 24 Jun 2018 19:00 GMT - The 26-year-old Museum of Ice Cream founder talks about the ingredients of her success.