CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- OPEC and Russia seek to ratify deeper oil production cuts
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 09:19 GMT - Energy ministers from some of the world's largest oil producers will attempt to ratify a deeper round of output cuts on Friday.
- China will waive import tariffs for some US soybeans and pork, finance ministry says
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 06:17 GMT - The ministry said the tariff waivers being implemented are based on applications by individual firms for U.S. soybeans and pork.
- A 2020 gift guide for the tech-savvy traveler
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 04:24 GMT - What are the best tech travel devices for the coming year? From wireless earphones and keys to laptop chargers and photo managers, here are creative gadgets that can make 2020 travel more comfortable.
- World Bank adopts $1 billion-plus annual China lending plan over US objections
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 01:29 GMT - The World Bank said its board on Thursday adopted a new plan to aid China with $1 billion to $1.5 billion in low-interest loans annually through June 2025.
- How Uber is addressing its sexual assault problem after more than 3,000 incidents last year
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 01:24 GMT - Uber has seen an uptick in lawsuits over sexual assaults that typically occurred between riders and drivers in recent years.
- Everything Jim Cramer said on 'Mad Money,' including Americans not investing, Chipotle CEO
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 00:17 GMT - CNBC's Jim Cramer breaks down data behind the public's lack of interesting in buying stocks. The "Mad Money" host sits down with CEOs of Chipotle, ServiceNow and Edwards Lifesciences for interviews.
- Uber reveals widespread sexual assault problem, including hundreds of reports of rape
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 23:51 GMT - The ride-hailing company has come under increasing scrutiny amid a flood of lawsuits from riders alleging they were sexually assaulted.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Ulta, CrowdStrike, Zoom Video and more
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 23:26 GMT - See which stocks are posting big moves after the bell.
- The 'most difficult' decision that helped create a $9 billion start-up
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 23:00 GMT - An initial public offering is a signal of success for many entrepreneurs. But for Coupang founder Bom Kim, it was a wake up call to do better.
- Global economy will recover in the second half of 2020, says UBS Global Wealth Management
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 23:00 GMT - Global growth will recover in the second half of 2020 as the trade war between Washington and Beijing eases and central banks' monetary policies come into effect says UBS Global Wealth Management.
- Mike Bloomberg rolls out gun safety proposals
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:42 GMT - Bloomberg has already been promoting gun reform as a private citizen. The gun safety group he helped found, Everytown for Gun Safety, rececently helped Democrats take full control of the Virginia House and Senate the first time since 1994.
- A top Tesla analyst raised his 'bull case' for the stock to $500, or 50% higher from here
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:31 GMT - Morgan Stanley increased its "bull case" for Tesla to $500 a share but is sticking by its $250 a share "base case."
- November's jobs report to show pick-up in pace from October, but mostly because of GM effect
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:28 GMT - Job growth should appear strong in November as striking GM workers returned to the workforce.
- US lost more tax revenue than other developed countries in 2018 due to Trump tax cuts: Report
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:18 GMT - The U.S. tax-to-GDP ratio fell the most of any OECD member country in 2018, according to a new report released Thursday.
- Biden says to 'right the market' US has to address tax inequality
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:13 GMT - Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden said Thursday he believed that new tax policies were needed to "right the market" during a historic period of economic inequality.
- Even the actor who played the 'Peloton husband' is feeling the blowback
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:03 GMT - "My 5 seconds of air time created an array of malicious feedback that is all associated with my face. My friend texted me today declaring that I'm 'a symbol of the patriarchy,'" he wrote.
- Veritas Genetics, the start-up that can sequence a genome for under $600, ceases US operations
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 21:57 GMT - Veritas Genetics also laid off about 50 employees.
- Legalized sports betting has had 'big influence' on increased NFL ratings, Giants co-owner says
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 21:55 GMT - "Obviously, if you're betting on a certain game, you're going to watch to see what happens and you're going to watch until the bitter end," says Jonathan Tisch.
- CrowdStrike rises after beating in its third-quarter results
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 21:15 GMT - The stock has been under pressure in recent months, as a result of a broader pullback in software stocks.
- Digital bank Chime quadruples valuation in less than a year to $5.8 billion as it takes on megabanks
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 21:15 GMT - Chime's move shows that for select start-ups, massive amounts of cash are still readily available.
- Zoom shares slide as growth slows
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 21:13 GMT - Zoom's revenue grew 85% in the quarter as growth kept slowing sequentially.
- Here's what happened to the stock market on Thursday
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 21:08 GMT - Stocks hovered around the flatline for most of the day as investors weighed strong jobs data and trade uncertainty.
- US and China disagree on the size of agriculture purchases, report says
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 20:19 GMT - The Trump administration is demanding that China publicly announce its purchasing plans, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- 'Damn liar' – Joe Biden blasts Iowa voter, calls him 'fat' after Ukraine accusation
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:38 GMT - Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden called a man in Iowa a "damn liar" and "fat" and "too old to vote for me."
- How Nordstrom uses robots and shelves inspired by ants to deliver lipstick faster
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:19 GMT - Nordstrom has two new tech partners, Attabotics and Tompkins Robotics, to help the department store chain speed deliveries more efficiently, slashing space and saving workers time.
- When is a credit card payment considered late?
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 17:44 GMT - CNBC Select breaks down when a credit card payment is considered late and how you can prevent late payments.
- 'Don't mess with me' — Nancy Pelosi rips reporter who asks if she hates Trump
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 17:27 GMT - Trump blasts Pelosi in a tweet later, characterizing her remarks as "a nervous fit."
- Apple is killing the charging plug on its highest-end phones by 2021, top analyst predicts
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 17:01 GMT - Ming-Chi Kuo of TF Securities says Apple could remove the Lightning cable from the highest-end iPhone model in 2021.
- Over half of this year's net ETF inflows have gone into this one part of the market
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 16:20 GMT - Fixed-income ETFs have emerged as some of the most popular investments among exchange-traded funds, says the NYSE's head of exchange-traded products.
- The real 'Catch Me If You Can' con artist says every scam involves these red flags
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 15:00 GMT - Frank Abagnale's exploits were depicted in the 2002 movie "Catch Me If You Can." Abagnale, who has worked with the FBI for four decades, says every scam still relies on the same tricks he used.