CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Hudson News chief James Cohen to buy National Enquirer
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:56 GMT - American Media said Thursday it is selling its tabloid the National Enquirer to James Cohen, chief executive officer of Hudson Media.
- Kim Kardashian gave a tour of her home and there's a 130-inch TV that rises out of the floor
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:40 GMT - May's Vogue cover star also explains her unusual bathroom sink.
- Sleep Number shares getting pummeled after earnings letdown
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:28 GMT - Sleep Number reported first-quarter sales that fell short of analyst expectations. The mattress maker's stock tumbled nearly 19% on Thursday afternoon.
- Trump barely disrupted Russia probe because officials rejected his orders, Mueller report says
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:27 GMT - Trump's attempts to affect the Russia probe mostly failed because the people around him "declined to carry out orders," according to Robert Mueller's team.
- Facebook says its employees had access to millions of Instagram passwords
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:10 GMT - The company originally said in March that thousands of Instagram passwords were exposed, but updated that figure Thursday.
- Here's why special counsel Robert Mueller did not say whether Trump obstructed justice
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:50 GMT - The Mueller report says evidence obtained about Trump's "actions and intent" makes it difficult to determine whether a crime occurred.
- HBO to Trump: Stop making 'Game of Thrones'-style tweets
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:46 GMT - "We still prefer our intellectual property not be used for political purposes," an HBO spokesman said in a statement to CNBC.
- These six stocks have 'upside' potential due to recent developments, analysts say
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:44 GMT - CNBC combed through company research to find analysts from different industries singling out stocks in their coverage universes.
- A controversial part of Robinhood's business tripled in sales thanks to high-frequency trading firms
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:39 GMT - Order routing revenue at Robinhood surged in 2018, according to new data.
- Microsoft acquires Express Logic to help its push into the 'internet of things'
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:51 GMT - Express Logic says it has 6.2 billion deployments of its ThreadX operating system, reflecting the widespread nature of connected devices.
- Expectations for first-quarter growth have suddenly surged past 2%
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:31 GMT - Growth perked up late in the first quarter, to well above 2% after looking to be 1% or less during the winter storms and government shutdown.
- Read the redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on the Trump-Russia probe
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:30 GMT - The document, which lays out the findings of Mueller's 22-month-long investigation of Russia's interference in the 2016 election, is 448 pages long and consists of three volumes.
- Zoom is worth billions more than Pinterest as both go public — even though it's half the size
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:18 GMT - Zoom and IPO both debuted on the public market on Thursday, and Zoom is getting more investor love out of the gate.
- Donald Trump on Mueller's appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency. I'm f----d'
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:56 GMT - Upon learning about Robert Mueller's appointment, the president said: "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency."
- Sears sues ex-CEO Lampert, Treasury's Mnuchin, others for alleged 'thefts' from retailer
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:56 GMT - Sears filed a lawsuit against its former CEO Eddie Lampert, Treasury's Mnuchin, and others for allegedly stealing billions from the retailer.
- Apple paid up to $6 billion to settle with Qualcomm, UBS estimates
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:49 GMT - Apple may also be paying Qualcomm between $8 and $9 per iPhone in patent royalty fees.
- Pinterest ends its first day of trading up 28%
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:29 GMT - Pinterest began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday under the ticker "PINS."
- Zoom rocketed 72% on first day of trading
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:25 GMT - Zoom made its debut on public markets on Thursday, rising 72 percent from the price it sold shares in its initial public offering.
- Shares for another company called Zoom are flying, but some might be trading the wrong stock
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:19 GMT - Shares of Zoom are in high demand Thursday morning but there's one problem: It appears to be a case of mistaken identity.
- Trump responds to Mueller report: 'No collusion, no obstruction'
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:13 GMT - The highly anticipated special counsel's report was released Thursday. The president's legal team also prepared a rebuttal report.
- Faster than a fighter jet: The $2.5 million Pininfarina Battista electric hypercar debuts in US
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:35 GMT - The company's new all-electric Battista hypercar produces a whopping 1,900 horsepower and reaches 60 miles per hour in under two seconds.
- ConocoPhillips exits UK oil and gas production in huge $2.7 billion North Sea sale
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:33 GMT - ConocoPhillips strikes the largest transaction in the exploration and production space outside the U.S. this year.
- Sen. Majority Leader McConnell to introduce bill to raise the minimum age to buy tobacco to 21
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:27 GMT - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will introduce legislation to raise the federal minimum age to buy tobacco to 21 from 18.
- House Judiciary Chairman Nadler calls special counsel Robert Mueller to testify by May 23
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:24 GMT - The letter to Mueller was made public after Attorney General William Barr said Thursday that the nearly Russia probe found "no collusion."
- Brokers are banned or suspended in fallout from $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:17 GMT - Regulators have sanctioned brokers for not getting approval to sell promissory notes in Woodbridge Group of Companies.
- The last time semis stocks did this they dropped 14%
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:59 GMT - Semis are on fire, but that spike has taken the chips to their most overbought levels since January 2018. Are the chips setting up for a fall?
- Google and Amazon have ended their war over the YouTube app
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:45 GMT - Amazon announces that YouTube is coming back to Fire TV devices this year.
- Mueller report recounts 10 'episodes' involving Trump and questions of obstruction
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:43 GMT - Barr explains his decision not to charge the president with obstructing the investigation, saying the DOJ considered Trump's actions and his motives.
- Apple will use big camera upgrades as major selling point for the next iPhone, top analyst says
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:37 GMT - Improved cameras and picture quality could give consumers a reason to upgrade from older models.
- How Pinterest makes money: By filling your feed with promoted pins
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:30 GMT - The visual social network sells targeted ads to reach its 265 million monthly users, who are bookmarking images they find online by "pinning" them to themed inspirations "boards."