CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- California to close indoor restaurants, movie theaters and bars statewide as coronavirus cases rise
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 19:51:04 GMT - California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered Monday all counties in the state to close indoor operations for a handful of businesses, including restaurants, bars, movie theaters and museums, as Covid-19 cases continue to climb.
- Wall Street rally evaporates, S&P 500 closes lower after briefly turning positive for 2020
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 20:06:39 GMT - Stocks were off their highs on Monday as a rally in Big Tech fizzled out in the final hour of trading.
- Tesla gives up most of monster one-day pop in wild speculative trading
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:50:59 GMT - Tesla's valuation has ballooned this year as shares continue their record climb.
- How Canada is fighting Covid-19: Ramping up PPE production, travel ban from the U.S. and Bonnie Henry
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:59:54 GMT - Experts say Canada has done a pretty good job, ramping up PPE production and closing the borders, but could have done more with nursing homes and testing in Ontario.
- Coronavirus live updates: California recloses indoor dining; Hong Kong Disneyland to shutter again
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 19:50:33 GMT - The coronavirus has infected more than 12.91 million people around the world as of Monday, killing at least 569,128 people.
- Washington's NFL team officially retires name and logo after sponsor backlash
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:26:14 GMT - Washington's NFL team announced it will no longer be called the team's name it previoulsy held since 1932.
- American Airlines to warn pilots this week about potential furloughs
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 19:22:08 GMT - American Airlines is the latest airline set to send out federally-required notices to staff about potential furloughs.
- Trump doesn't rule out pardoning Michael Flynn after commuting Roger Stone's prison sentence
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 19:59:41 GMT - President Donald Trump commuted the prison sentence of his friend Roger Stone. A pardon for former national security advisor Michael Flynn is not off the table.
- Homebuilders just saw the strongest June sales since the last housing boom, as pandemic pushes more buyers to the suburbs
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:51:10 GMT - A sharp decline in the supply of existing homes for sale, increasing consumer preference for brand-new, high-tech homes with all the amenities for working and schooling, as well as an accelerating flight to the suburbs and exurbs, made for remarkable housing demand in June.
- Op-ed: The next stimulus bill should focus on dealing with Covid-19
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:00:01 GMT - If we are going to borrow hundreds of billions of dollars, let's do it to treat the cause of our economic illness, not just the symptoms, writes Mick Mulvaney.
- New Hampshire investigates Merrill Lynch after clients allege $200 million in damages
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:08:08 GMT - New Hampshire is investigating Merrill Lynch and at least one former top broker over alleged churning of customer accounts.
- Amazon restricts warehouse storage as Covid-19 crisis continues and holidays loom
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 19:44:47 GMT - All product categories will have quantity restrictions in order to ensure sellers have enough space to store their goods.
- Alleged Jeffrey Epstein sex crime accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell tried to flee from FBI agents before arrest, prosecutors reveal
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 20:07:32 GMT - Jeffrey Epstein, a wealthy investor who was a former friend of Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, died from what has been ruled a suicide in a Manhattan jail.
- U.S. budget deficit hits all-time high of $864 billion in June
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:28:08 GMT - The federal government incurred the biggest monthly budget deficit in history in June as spending on programs to combat the coronavirus recession exploded while millions of job losses cut into tax revenues.
- Stocks rally on vaccine hopes — three investors on what's next
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:57:24 GMT - Stocks rallied to begin the week after Pfizer and BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine candidates received "fast-track" status. Here's what strategists and portfolio managers say is next for the second half of the year and how investors should be prepared.
- Microsoft spins off 'virtual teenager' chatbot for Chinese users
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:49:11 GMT - Microsoft chose to offload a consumer property that became popular in China, but not without taking an equity stake in the new company.
- WHO says U.S. and Brazil accounted for half of new daily coronavirus cases: 'Too many countries are headed in the wrong direction'
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:06:18 GMT - The United States and Brazil accounted for half of the new daily coronavirus cases as countries across the globe struggle to contain their outbreaks, the World Health Organization said.
- Disney+ will continue the story of the Bad Batch from 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' in new series coming in 2021
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:23:50 GMT - On Monday, Disney+ announced that it had ordered a new animated series from Lucasfilm called "Star Wars: The Bad Batch."
- Robert Shiller warns that urban home prices could decline
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:17:29 GMT - The coronavirus pandemic could cause a decline in urban housing prices if employees continue to work from home and forgo city living, according to Nobel Prize-winning economist Robert Shiller.
- More than 200 schools, 17 states back lawsuits against Trump administration over international student rule
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:20:48 GMT - More than 200 universities are backing a legal challenge to the Trump administration's new restrictions on international students, arguing that the policy jeopardizes students' safety and forces schools to reconsider fall plans they have spent months preparing.
- New York Gov. Cuomo says he won't use kids as 'guinea pigs,' outlines school reopening rules
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:00:07 GMT - "We're not going to use our children as a litmus test and we're not going to put our children in a place where their health is endangered," Cuomo said. "It's that simple."
- Another round of stimulus checks? Extended unemployment? Here are answers to key money questions
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:57:44 GMT - It can hard to budget when you don't know what money will be coming in or going out. Here's an update on where your bill obligations and federal relief measures stand amid the pandemic.
- Judge asks if Trump ally Roger Stone must serve probation after prison sentence commuted
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 19:41:47 GMT - The judge asked those parties to address whether Trump's clemency applies only to Stone's prison term or also to the two-year probation period included in his sentence.
- Body found at Lake Piru where 'Glee' actress Naya Rivera went missing
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:17:06 GMT - A body was discovered at Lake Piru in Ventura County in California on Monday morning. "Glee" actress Naya Rivera went missing at that lake last week while boating with her son.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Pfizer, Apple, Moderna, Tesla, PepsiCo & more
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:31:38 GMT - PepsiCo rose on better-than-expected results for the previous quarter. Tesla shares hit an all-time high.
- Hong Kong Disneyland to close July 15 as coronavirus cases spike
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:42:08 GMT - Hong Kong Disneyland will once again shutter its gates after a spike of new coronavirus cases in Hong Kong.
- Taxpayers are leaving $1.5 billion (with a 'B') in refunds on the table. Here's how to get your share
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:06:11 GMT - Sitting on a 2016 tax return? The IRS may have a check with your name on it. Hurry — you have until July 15 to submit this return and claim your refund.
- Trivago CEO says travel demand has fallen as virus cases rise, sees 'bumpy ride' ahead
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:23:27 GMT - "With a significant deterioration of the health situation, you see a significant drop in travel activity," Trivago CEO Axel Hefer told CNBC.
- Fashion influencer Arielle Charnas relaunches Something Navy line following run at Nordstrom
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:07:50 GMT - Arielle Charnas, the mega fashion influencer with 1.3 million followers on Instagram, is relaunching the Something Navy fashion line — this time on her own.
- Emergency grant program for small businesses is out of money
- Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:40:49 GMT - A program offering up to $10,000 in grants to struggling small businesses ended Saturday after reaching its funding limit.