- Market focuses on revenue growth as the key to combating rising costs, interest rates
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:11 GMT - Earnings season is just getting started, but the early signs are looking even better than the bulls were anticipating.
- The stock market wants a Republican wave but expects to see two-party control of Congress
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:40 GMT - Ending the uncertainty around the midterm elections is likely to spark a relief rally, and analysts say it could be the start of a very good time for stocks, especially if Republicans hold both houses of Congress.
- Trump says Fed is his 'biggest threat' because it is raising rates too fast
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:36 GMT - President Donald Trump on Tuesday escalated his assault on the Federal Reserve, calling it "my biggest threat."
- IBM falls after revenue misses
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:31 GMT - IBM again saw declining revenue, following a three-quarter run of growth.
- Netflix surges after crushing earnings
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:31 GMT - Investors are looking at Netflix's subscriber additions, after the company missed estimates for the first time in five quarters last quarter.
- Netflix is about to release earnings, and one analyst has a warning for investors
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:23 GMT - Netflix is scheduled to report earnings after the bell Tuesday. This quarterly release has higher stakes than normal, according to one technician.
- Here's how much you should have saved by 40
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:08 GMT - How do you stack up?
- Republican Kasich's super PAC rakes in over $300,000 as he considers another White House run
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:03 GMT - In a new Federal Election Commission filing, the PAC, New Day for America, brought in $335,500 from July into late September. It's the most the group has raked in during a quarter this year, boosted by six-figure sums from a couple individual donors.
- Facebook hack affected 3 million in Europe, creating the first big test for privacy regulation there
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:00 GMT - A spokesperson for the Irish Data Protection Commission told CNBC on Tuesday that the Facebook security breach in September, in which hackers accessed information from user accounts, affected 3 million European citizens.
- Domino's says rapid store expansion means more money for its delivery drivers
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:49 GMT - Domino's rapid store expansion is good news for its delivery drivers. Having more stores means that drivers have less territory they need to cover. Their runs become shorter, allowing them to make more deliveries in an hour and earn more tips.
- Bank execs tell a good economic story and investors are finally starting to believe them
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:48 GMT - Bank executives point to a good environment, in which consumers are spending and companies are investing. Yet, the market seems to be focused on one thing: rising interest rates.
- The numbers are in, and Trump's tax cut didn't reduce the deficit – despite his many promises
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:44 GMT - Presidents often make extravagant claims for their policies. But rarely are they proven so false so fast as Donald Trump's claims about tax cuts and deficits. The Treasury reported that the 2018 deficit swelled to $779 billion.
- Trump says 'that would be bad' if Saudi rulers knew about suspected killing of Jamal Khashoggi
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:43 GMT - President Donald Trump, in a pair of tweets, said he had spoken with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman "had told me that he has already started, and will rapidly expand, a full and complete investigation into this matter."
- US imposes sanctions on Iranian network supporting child soldiers
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:36 GMT - The U.S. Treasury imposed sanctions on Tuesday on a multibillion-dollar financial network that supports an Iranian paramilitary force that it said recruits and trains child soldiers for the country's elite Revolutionary Guards.
- Markets are just experiencing a 'midlife crisis,' veteran wealth manager says
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:36 GMT - Veteran wealth manager Larry Glazer attributes the recent sell-off to investors, who had concentrated their portfolios in a handful of names, getting nervous. "In a midlife crisis people do irrational things and they do them at inopportune times," he says.
- Tens of thousands of defrauded students could now have their loans cancelled
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:05 GMT - Many defrauded students could finally get their federal debt cancelled.
- Sears Chairman Eddie Lampert pleas to employees: We need 'material progress' to avoid liquidation
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:35 GMT - Former Sears CEO Eddie Lampert speaks to 1,000 employees one day after the retail giant filed for bankrtupcy.
- Lyft hires JP Morgan to lead IPO that could value company at more than $15 billion
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:25 GMT - Lyft has hired J.P. Morgan to lead its planned 2019 IPO, which could value the company at more than $15 billion.
- You can retire and live on the beach for $3,000 a month in these foreign cities
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:23 GMT - Retirees who love beach life and high culture can get both in these five foreign cities.
- Key former Google engineer says safety wasn't his primary concern when developing self-driving cars
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:20 GMT - A New Yorker article published Monday reveals a history of internal disputes at Google over the safety of Waymo's predecessor, Project Chauffeur.
- 'Shark Tank': Personal assistant quit her job to solve breast sweat—her company did over $1M so far
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:10 GMT - "I YouTubed 'how to sew,'" said the founder of The Ta Ta Towel. "I couldn't even thread the needle or get it in there, and I started making them myself."
- Two ways to defray this retirement risk: How to choose what's right for you
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:45 GMT - The median cost of a shared room in a nursing home is approaching $90,000 a year, according to Genworth Financial. There are two types of insurance that will help you pay for it. What you need to know.
- NBA star Joel Embiid was so bad at basketball he watched YouTube videos to improve
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:44 GMT - He didn't play basketball until he was 15. His learning curve was so steep that he cried and thought of quitting.
- Three stocks could be a buy ahead of their earnings reports this week
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:36 GMT - Amid the waterfall of results, market watchers are recommending the names that look best positioned ahead of their reports.
- Disney vs Netflix: Here's which stock would have made you richer if you invested $1,000 10 years ago
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:35 GMT - Both companies make Jim Cramer's power ranking of the top five communications services.
- Google will stop bundling its apps on Android phones in response to EU fine
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:35 GMT - In response to the European Union's $5 billion antitrust ruling, Google is changing the way it bundles its Android smartphone apps and allowing phone makers to use "forked" versions of the software.
- Trump claims he has 'no financial interests in Saudi Arabia' — but he makes lots of money from it
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:27 GMT - President Donald Trump's new tweet denying a financial stake in Saudi Arabia comes amid a growing furor over suspicions that the country's rulers ordered the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.
- Dollar Tree spikes 7% on report that Carl Icahn has taken a stake in the company
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:26 GMT - Shares of discount retailer Dollar Tree jumped on Tuesday after The New York Post reported investor Carl Icahn had taken a stake in the company.
- Market gets back to basics with a rally that shows fundamentals still rule
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:13 GMT - A parade of strong fundamental news helps the stock market forget the albatross of technical indicators that had been dragging things down.
- It's either Trump or Pelosi: GOP group's ad blitz gives voters a choice ahead of the midterms
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 16:07 GMT - The GOP's Congressional Leadership Fund is unleashing a new ad in New York's 22nd District tying Democratic candidate Anthony Brindisi to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Claudia Tenney to President Donald Trump.