CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- AbbVie to buy Botox-maker Allergan in a $63 billion cash-and-stock deal
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:42 GMT - Allergan shareholders will receive 0.8660 AbbVie shares and $120.30 in cash for each share held, for a total value of $188.24 per Allergan share.
- SpaceX caught the nose cone of its Falcon Heavy rocket for the first time in the net of a boat
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:03 GMT - SpaceX used its high speed boat called "Ms. Tree" to catch the nosecone its Falcon 9 rocket after Monday's launch.
- Billionaire Warren Buffett denies any tensions with his partner in troubled Kraft Heinz
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:01 GMT - Reports of tensions may have been sparked by Kraft Heinz's underperformance and because of accounting problems at the packaged goods company.
- FedEx sues the US government over the 'impossible' task of policing exports to China
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:52 GMT - FedEx sued the U.S. government, saying it should not be held liable if it inadvertently shipped products that violated a Trump administration ban on exports to some Chinese companies.
- Trump's latest sanctions on Iran may be the end of the diplomatic road, says former US official
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:30 GMT - "What else do you have to do that will actually have to affect the Iranians' calculus?" said a former official from the Obama administration.
- Iran slams new US sanctions, says they mean end of diplomacy
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 08:19 GMT - Iran on Tuesday slammed the Trump administration over new U.S. sanctions targeting the Islamic Republic's supreme leader and other top officials.
- Citi says Asian markets badly hit in the trade war are now looking promising
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 07:32 GMT - Citi Private Bank says it has maintained an "overweight" stance on stocks in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea.
- Scientists claim online game 'vaccinates' players against fake news
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 05:46 GMT - According to researchers from the University of Cambridge, playing their gamified simulation increases "psychological resistance" to fake news.
- What to expect when you're expecting a rate cut
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 05:29 GMT - A week of dovish fireworks out of the central banking community has just gone by with most of the world's leading central banks now guiding towards easing in light of downside risks to growth.
- New US sanctions on ayatollah mean the end of diplomacy, Iran says
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 05:03 GMT - Iran said on Tuesday that a U.S. decision to impose sanctions on the country's supreme leader and other top officials permanently closed the path to diplomacy between Tehran and Washington.
- Hackers hit telecommunications firms in possible Chinese espionage campaign, researchers say
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 04:26 GMT - Hackers broke into the systems of more than a dozen global telecommunications companies, researchers from a cyber security company said.
- Trump reportedly said he wants to end decades-old defense treaty with Japan
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 04:12 GMT - U.S. President Donald Trump has not taken any steps to withdraw from the postwar treaty, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Amid skepticism, US to launch first part of Middle East peace plan in Bahrain
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 04:10 GMT - The first stage of U.S. President Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan will be launched on Tuesday at a conference the White House touts as a bid to begin drumming up $50 billion in investment.
- Japan and China look to strengthen ties at G-20 summit, even as Trump looms large
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 03:22 GMT - The leaders of Japan and China got off to a tense start but have made good progress in turning around their relations in recent years.
- Trump advisor Conway will not testify before Congress, White House says
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 01:55 GMT - U.S. President Donald Trump's senior adviser Kellyanne Conway will not testify before the House of Representatives Oversight Committee this week on her alleged violations of the Hatch Act, the White House told the panel's chairman on Monday.
- Britain's popular digital bank Monzo doubles valuation to $2.5 billion
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 23:01 GMT - U.K. online bank Monzo raised $144 million in a fresh round of funding led by the U.S. start-up accelerator Y Combinator.
- Relying on luck is dangerous, Jim Cramer says — always understand why your stock is moving
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 23:01 GMT - "When you have a win, don't lazily assume that simply [you] got it right," the "Mad Money" host say.
- Apple will put 2,000 employees in new Seattle hub near Amazon headquarters
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 22:49 GMT - The space will reportedly hold more than 3,000 employees, and will be completed by the end of the year.
- Monday was a terrible day for 2019 tech IPOs, with Zoom and Beyond Meat plummeting
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 21:10 GMT - Tech's hottest IPOs of the year, including Beyond Meat and Zoom, dropped on Monday, falling more than the broader market.
- When Victoria's Secret left the swimsuit business, direct-to-consumer brands began to thrive
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:45 GMT - When Victoria's Secret exited the swimsuit business in 2016, it opened the floodgates for start-ups to conquer that market.
- UnitedHealth buys PatientsLikeMe, which faced Trump administration scrutiny over Chinese investor
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:31 GMT - PatientsLikeMe was bought by UnitedHealth following a review by Trump's Treasury Department, which scrutinized the start-up because it's backed by Chinese cash.
- Tickets for 'Avengers: Endgame' rerelease go on sale starting today at major theater chains
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 19:20 GMT - The new cut will likely draw thousands back to theaters and could finally push "Avengers: Endgame" above and beyond the record $2.78 billion "Avatar" has earned since its release in 2009.
- Energy is one of June's best-performing sectors, but the rally may be running out of steam
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:14 GMT - Some traders think the energy rally is about to wane, despite the sector being one of June's big winners.
- Company earnings look like they will keep sliding through the third quarter
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:06 GMT - While earnings usually come in substantially ahead of expectations, the direction in the outlook doesn't speak well for what lies ahead
- Goldman Sachs says low volatility stocks will beat the market after a rate cut
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:01 GMT - Stocks with this one feature are poised to crush the market after a rate cut, according to Goldman Sachs.
- Bill Gates says letting Android win mobile was his 'biggest mistake' at Microsoft
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:51 GMT - "We missed being the dominant mobile operating system by a very tiny amount. We were distracted during our antitrust trial. We didn't assign the best people to do the work," Gates said at an Economic Club of Washington luncheon on Monday.
- Analysts say Shopify can compete with Amazon and will help others to do so too
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:11 GMT - Shopify debuts a new network to help it compete with Amazon.
- Woman stranded alone on Toronto tarmac after falling asleep on Air Canada plane
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:57 GMT - An Air Canada passenger traveling home found herself stranded on the tarmac alone and in the dark, in what she described as a "nightmare."
- Trump signs executive order slapping 'hard-hitting' sanctions on Iran over drone shootdown
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 15:54 GMT - "We do not seek conflict with Iran or any other country," Trump tells reporters in the Oval Office.
- I retired at 34 with $3 million—here are 5 downsides of early retirement that no one tells you
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 15:24 GMT - The freedom of getting to wake up whenever I want and no longer having to put up with unproductive meetings is pretty nice. But early retirement won't solve all your problems.