CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- China says 26 people have died from the coronavirus as South Korea, Japan confirm second cases
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:15:49 GMT - The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday said at a press conference the outbreak did not yet constitute a global public health emergency.
- The US picked the 'wrong time' for a trade war with China, Hong Kong businessman says
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 03:40:45 GMT - The United States has chosen the wrong decade to start a trade conflict with China, a Hong Kong property developer said at an informal event at the World Economic Forum Thursday.
- Former Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf barred from industry, to pay $17.5 million for sales scandal
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:03:27 GMT - The U.S. government announced that former Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf is barred from ever working at a bank.
- Era of mega-funded, money-losing unicorn start-ups is coming to an end
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:39:54 GMT - In contrast to the Uber and Lyft IPO stumbles and WeWork deal disaster, private start-ups that raised lower sums of venture capital have produced better IPO returns.
- China's digital yuan could help countries like North Korea evade US sanctions, experts say
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:09:04 GMT - A digital yuan could allow some countries to avoid U.S. sanctions and increase the Chinese government's influence, experts told CNBC at Davos.
- George Soros rips Trump and Xi, says the 'fate of the world' is at stake in 2020
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:48:11 GMT - Liberal billionaire George Soros slammed Trump and China on Thursday at his annual dinner on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum.
- Iran has to act like a 'normal country' if it wants to be treated like one, says Saudi foreign minister
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 07:57:58 GMT - Iran has to change its behavior before Saudi Arabia would be willing to sit down and have a dialogue with them, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir told CNBC.
- Boeing-built DirecTV satellite may explode in orbit after suffering unexpected malfunction
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:01:22 GMT - The large broadcast satellite is owned by AT&T's DirecTV, was built by Boeing and is operated by Intelsat.
- 5 reasons to ditch New York City for the hills of the Hudson Valley
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 07:18:58 GMT - New York's Hudson River Valley has long attracted city dwellers looking for a quick country escape. Accommodations are as varied as the people who go, from old school favorites of the elite to castle hotels and glamping in tents.
- History shows China's coronavirus impact on markets likely to be short-lived
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 01:13:15 GMT - As China's Wuhan virus spreads, it is expected to continue slamming Chinese and other financial markets.
- Jamie Dimon gets a raise to $31.5 million after record 2019 profit at JP Morgan
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:23:04 GMT - 2019 was a banner year for J.P. Morgan, the biggest U.S. bank by assets.
- Trump impeachment trial: Dems use Republicans' own words against them
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 01:13:36 GMT - Democratic impeachment managers laid out a sprawling argument that Trump had abused his power, deftly deploying old clips of Republicans making statements that underscored Democrats' points.
- ZipRecruiter CEO says employers throw away job applications that have these three mistakes
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:37:14 GMT - To get hired you will need to be approved by both algorithms and humans, according to ZipRecruiter CEO Ian Siegel. Here are some things he says will get you rejected by both.
- This map shows the latest spread of the coronavirus
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:20:25 GMT - The total number of coronavirus cases grew as of Thursday, with at least 18 people dead and more than 650 people around the world sickened.
- George Soros warns Trump of potential economic doom before election
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:44:06 GMT - "An overheated economy can't be kept boiling for too long," Soros warned from Davos, Switzerland.
- In rush of transports earnings, one group has reached a 'key juncture,' trader says
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:30:02 GMT - A flood of airline earnings out Thursday failed to give the transports sector a lift on Thursday.
- Afghan president claims 'excellent relationship' with Trump amid talk of US troop reductions
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 05:27:18 GMT - "I am one of the few leaders that has an excellent relationship" with Trump, Ghani said at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- Eli Manning's Hall of Fame status should be solidified, NFL Pro Bowlers say
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 00:14:59 GMT - As the National Football League is preparing to say farewell to one of the game's most accomplished quarterbacks, one of the questions making the rounds at the 2020 Pro Bowl centered on Eli Manning's status as a bona fide Hall of Famer.
- It's going to get a lot easier to export some firearms from the US due to a new Trump administration rule
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:23:23 GMT - American gun manufacturers will have fewer registration requirements in order to obtain an export license as the State Department moved jurisdiction of certain firearm sales to the Commerce Department.
- Everything Jim Cramer said about the stock market on 'Mad Money,' including GE's prospects, GrubHub CEO, Snap's upside
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 00:57:44 GMT - "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer says GE's performances hinges on Boeing, sits down with GrubHub CEO Matt Maloney and gets bullish on Snap.
- TripAdvisor set to cut 200 jobs, source confirms
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 00:24:55 GMT - TripAdvisor is planning to cut 200 jobs, or 5% of its total workforce, a source familiar with the matter confirmed to CNBC. Most of the cuts are said to be in the company's experiences division.
- Mets pick coach Luis Rojas to replace Beltrán as manager
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 01:23:22 GMT - The club was working Wednesday to complete a multiyear agreement with quality control coach Luis Rojas that would make him New York's fourth manager in the past 2 1/2 years — and third in four months.
- Intel's stock jumps 7% on better-than-expected earnings and revenue
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:00:32 GMT - Intel grew revenue 8% in the fourth quarter even as it faced greater competition from AMD.
- Stocks making the biggest move after the bell: Intel, Broadcom, Skyworks and more
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:11:44 GMT - Take a look at the companies making headlines after the bell.
- Broadcom strikes $15 billion deal with Apple to sell it iPhone parts
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:45:44 GMT - The parts will be used in forthcoming Apple products launching in the next three and a half years, according to the filing, which said that Broadcom and Apple had entered into two separate agreements.
- Trump ally Roger Stone shouldn't go to prison, says comedian Randy Credico, who testified against Republican trickster
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:32:15 GMT - Roger Stone, a friend of President Donald Trump, was convicted of lying to Congress and witness tampering in connection with information about documents obtained by WikiLeaks before the 2016 election.
- Sonos CEO apologizes and says old products will still get bug fixes but won't get new features
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:33:03 GMT - Sonos CEO Patrick Spence apologized on Thursday for telling customers older speakers will stop getting software and says they won't get new features but will get bug fixes and security patches as long as possible.
- FDA issues cybersecurity warning on GE medical equipment that monitors patients
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:13:55 GMT - The Food and Drug Administration released a warning on Thursday to health-care providers, facilities and consumers about a vulnerability in certain electronic health-care data equipment made by General Electric.
- Former Insys exec John Kapoor gets 5 1/2 years for opioid scheme
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:06:01 GMT - The founder of an Arizona pharmaceutical company was ordered to spend five and half years Thursday for orchestrating a bribery and kickback scheme prosecutors said helped fuel the opioid crisis.
- Why Planters killed off Mr. Peanut
- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 20:29:04 GMT - This week, snack brand Planters released a dramatic video showing the apparent death of its fictional mascot, Mr. Peanut. By the end of the day Wednesday, Mr. Peanut's death had taken over social media.