- Tesla to reportedly offer to lease Model 3s to boost demand
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:55 GMT - Tesla is preparing to launch its leasing products for Model 3, news website Electrek said on Tuesday, citing an email sent to employees.
- Trump wants California to pay back billions for bullet train
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:48 GMT - The Trump administration said Tuesday that it plans to cancel $929 million awarded to California's high-speed rail project and wants the state to return an additional $2.5 billion that it has already spent.
- Glencore's 2018 earnings rise, announces $3 billion share buyback plan
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:34 GMT - Trading company Glencore said on Wednesday it would buy up to $3 billion worth of its shares as higher pricing and production boosted full-year adjusted core earnings by 8 percent.
- With elections ahead, Greece's opposition is promising lower taxes and 'aggressive' growth
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 08:33 GMT - Greece's opposition leader has promised sweeping changes to the economy at a time when the country is slowly back from the brink of an economic collapse.
- New Zealand's former leader denies authoring pro-China op-ed for Communist Party newspaper
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:10 GMT - Former New Zealand Prime Minister Jenny Shipley has denied writing a pro-China opinion piece titled "We need to listen to China," according to multiple media reports.
- North Korea's Kim will likely travel to Vietnam by train
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:05 GMT - Vietnam is preparing for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to arrive by train for his summit with President Donald Trump in Hanoi next week, sources told Reuters on Wednesday.
- This country lets employees take six months off work to start a business
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:48 GMT - Sweden is home to one of the world's most robust start-up scenes.
- Microsoft says hackers tried to breach European think tanks and non-profit organizations
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:26 GMT - Microsoft said hackers targeted 104 accounts belonging to organization employees located in Belgium, France, Germany, Poland, Romania, and Serbia.
- New US tariffs on Chinese goods will be 'catastrophic' for global stocks: China media
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 04:36 GMT - A state-run newspaper claimed the U.S. faces greater pressure to resolve trade differences with China because failed negotiations would slam global markets.
- Skills shortage is stopping many Asian companies from embracing A.I., study shows
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 04:24 GMT - Firms surveyed by Microsoft and IDC say they're willing to invest and retrain workers with skills required for AI, but many don't know where to start.
- Fire hits pumping station, disrupts Venezuela crude transportation
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:55 GMT - A fire hit a crude oil pumping station in Venezuela's Orinoco belt region on Tuesday, state-owned oil company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA) said, disrupting crude transportation as the cash-strapped firm struggles with the impact of U.S. sanctions.
- Trump plans to nominate Jeffrey Rosen as deputy US attorney general, White House says
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:47 GMT - President Donald Trump plans to nominate Jeffrey Rosen as the next deputy U.S. attorney general, the White House said on Tuesday night, in the latest shuffle in the Justice Department at a time when it faces close scrutiny over its Russia investigation.
- UK defense think tank warns that allowing Huawei into 5G network is 'irresponsible'
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 03:32 GMT - It would be "naive" and "irresponsible" to let Chinese telecom company Huawei supply equipment for the U.K.'s 5G mobile networks, according to a report by British think tank Royal United Services Institute.
- Federal ethics agency refuses to certify financial disclosure from Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross
- Wed, 20 Feb 2019 01:32 GMT - The government's top ethics watchdog refused to certify a financial disclosure report from Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, it was disclosed Tuesday.
- Elon Musk says Tesla won't be getting involved with cryptocurrency
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 23:39 GMT - Elon Musk says bitcoin is interesting, but Tesla's not getting involved.
- Amazon changed how it reports its retail footprint — and now it's not as clear
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 22:03 GMT - Amazon changed the way it accounts for its physical store footprint, causing its total square footage to decline despite rapid expansion.
- Investors are buying both stocks and bonds at the same time and the Federal Reserve is to blame
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 20:52 GMT - Investors are jumping into bonds and stocks, thanks to an easier Fed that makes both markets attractive.
- Elizabeth Warren would use 'millionaire tax' to fund a plan for universal child care
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 20:47 GMT - The Massachusetts senator and 2020 Democratic hopeful proposed a sweeping new system of nationwide child care that would cost $700 billion over 10 years, and be paid for by a tax on the country's wealthiest individuals.
- Three experts weigh in on Walmart as the company soars on earnings
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 20:08 GMT - Walmart shares soared Tuesday after the company beat on earnings, a move that took the stock's gains into double-digit territory for 2019, destroying estimates for the holiday season. Three experts weigh in on what's next for the retail giant
- The next big market catalyst will be what the Fed says about its balance sheet this week
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 19:54 GMT - That balance sheet issue is likely to take focus Wednesday when the FOMC releases notes from its January meeting.
- Hedge funds load back up on Facebook shares — these are their favorite stocks
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 19:07 GMT - Hedge funds loaded up on tech stocks at their fourth-quarter bottom, just in time to cash in on the double-digit rebound.
- Why Warren Buffett's right-hand man, Charlie Munger, wouldn't hire Elon Musk
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:23 GMT - "I don't want my personal life to be [around] a bunch of guys who are living in a state of delusion, who happen occasionally to win big."
- Bernie Sanders is running for president — and his policies would have a huge impact on business
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 16:19 GMT - Out of all the Democratic candidates, Sanders would bring perhaps the biggest changes for businesses and wealthy Americans.
- Here's a map of where Payless ShoeSource is closing 2,500 stores
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 16:12 GMT - Payless ShoeSource filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, a day after it began winding down its 2,500 U.S. stores.
- Germany says it's 'not legally possible' to block Huawei from its 5G network
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:43 GMT - A spokesperson for Germany's interior ministry told CNBC on Tuesday that the nation was not planning to shut any firm out of its 5G network.
- People are pumping young blood into their bodies to reverse aging, but the FDA says don't do it
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:35 GMT - The FDA is advising against "young blood" infusions, in which people are infused with plasma from young donors. It warns consumers that clinics are making unproven claims that the treatment can reverse aging.
- A ship has left the UK for Japan with no guarantee of unloading its cargo due to Brexit
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 14:52 GMT - The U.K. business minister has confirmed that a trade agreement with Japan won't be in place by the time Britain leaves the European Union.
- I owe how much? Americans are shocked by the impact of Trump's tax law
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:58 GMT - The first tax filing season under the new federal tax law is proving to be surprising, confusing — and occasionally frightening — for some Americans.
- 2020 hopeful Elizabeth Warren to unveil universal child care plan
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:51 GMT - Sen. Elizabeth Warren is planning to unveil a universal child care plan that would guarantee American families access to child care.
- Mongolia to suspend KFC outlets for inquiry after food poisoning reports
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:45 GMT - A Mongolian regulator said it will suspend operations at KFC restaurants temporarily to conduct inquiries, as 42 people were hospitalized and hundreds showed food poisoning symptoms after eating at one of the outlets of the fast-food chain.