CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Hold the 'champagne': What Chinese state media are saying about the trade talks
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 07:19 GMT - "The Champagne should probably be kept on ice, at least until the two presidents put pen to paper," said state-owned media China Daily.
- Brexit deal still out of reach as UK and EU enter last days of talks
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 07:13 GMT - The U.K. and EU are gearing up for what could be the busiest week in British politics since June 2016.
- A landmark German tax fraud case could ripple through the finance industry
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 07:02 GMT - Two British former investment bankers are on trial in Germany for their role in orchestrating an equity trading scheme known as "cum-ex" between 2006 and 2011, which pocketed hundreds of millions of dollars from taxpayers.
- Truce or genuine deal? Analysts question if phase one of US-China trade pact will last
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:31 GMT - Analysts say the partial U.S.-China trade deal doesn't touch on thorny issues plaguing both sides, and warn talks could break down again.
- Syria's Kurds look to Assad for protection after US pullout
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:28 GMT - Syria's Kurds said Syrian government forces agreed Sunday to help them fend off Turkey's invasion.
- Xi Jinping warns attempts to divide China will end in 'shattered bones'
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 05:15 GMT - Chinese President Xi Jinping warned on Sunday that any attempt to divide China will be crushed.
- Typhoon Hagibis leaves as many as 36 dead; rescue crews dig through mudslides in Japan
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 04:48 GMT - Hagibis dropped record amounts of rain for a period in some spots, according to meteorological officials, causing more than 20 rivers to overflow.
- China's imports and exports fell more than expected in September
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 02:40 GMT - Economists polled by Reuters had expected China's exports to fall by 3% year-on-year and imports to decline by 5.2% in September.
- What 'deepfakes' are and how they may be dangerous
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 01:40 GMT - "Deepfakes" are being used to depict people in fake videos they did not actually appear in, and can potentially affect elections, experts say.
- Singapore's economy dodges technical recession after growing 0.6% in the third quarter
- Mon, 14 Oct 2019 00:03 GMT - A technical recession occurs when there are two consecutive quarters of economic contraction.
- SoftBank is reportedly seeking to take control of WeWork through a financing package
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:39 GMT - The potential deal would shift Neumann's already diminished voting power to the Japanese conglomerate, according to the Journal.
- Trade is holding market 'hostage' despite new optimism, top investor says
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:00 GMT - Bryn Mawr's Jeffrey Mills believes the market needs more time to break out of its slump.
- NASA chief: SpaceX and Boeing have critical tests ahead but could fly astronauts in early 2020
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:00 GMT - SpaceX and Boeing are each in the final stages of developing the spacecraft needed for the U.S. to once again fly astronauts.
- Morgan Stanley warns tariff escalation remains a 'meaningful risk' despite partial US-China deal
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 19:48 GMT - The U.S. had plans to hike duties on at least $250 billion in Chinese goods to 30% from 25% on Tuesday. Despite the partial trade deal, some banks on Sunday wrote that tariff escalation remained a serious risk.
- These telemedicine doctors are getting licenses in all 50 states to treat patients in remote areas
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 16:09 GMT - As virtual medicine tips into the mainstream, doctors are getting licenses everywhere so they're not limited in who they can treat.
- Trump defends Syria withdrawal amid reports of atrocities and ISIS supporters escaping
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 15:53 GMT - Turkey's invasion of northeastern Syria began Wednesday after Trump ordered U.S. troops to pull back from the area.
- San Francisco business trip? How to make the most of those off-duty hours
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 15:08 GMT - If you find yourself in San Francisco, here are few ways to make the most of your off-duty hours in the City by the Bay.
- My 21-year-old sister is saving $200 a month for retirement. Here's how much she'll have at 65
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 14:30 GMT - Here's why my sister is beginning to save for her retirement at 21.
- Activists thought BlackRock, Vanguard found religion on climate change. Not anymore
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 14:00 GMT - Two years ago in a vote viewed as a major milestone, BlackRock and Vanguard used their market weight to require Exxon Mobil to produce a report on climate change. But what followed has been a good deal of disappointment.
- Hunter Biden resigns from Chinese firm following Trump attacks
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 13:35 GMT - Hunter's vows to forgo any foreign work follow a slew of unsubstantiated attacks by President Donald Trump accusing him of corruption.
- Costs pile up for airlines as Boeing 737 Max grounding enters eighth month
- Sun, 13 Oct 2019 13:00 GMT - Airlines continue to delay when they plan to have the planes back again with no sign from regulators on when the planes will be approved again.
- 'I would like you to do us a favor': The 30 minute phone call that changed Trump's presidency
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:18 GMT - There were dozens of ears listening to President Donald Trump's 30-minute phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that is at the center of a House impeachment inquiry, and as many eyes that saw what he said.
- Investor Ken Fisher loses $600 million contract after making sexist comments at summit
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 20:03 GMT - Fisher was initially defiant amid the backlash in an interview with Bloomberg, in which he said he had "given a lot of talks, a lot of times, in a lot of places and said stuff like this and never gotten that type of response."
- How a massive Amazon wind farm promises to change a tiny town in rural America
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 14:30 GMT - California's Tehachapi Pass is already home to one of the largest wind farms in the world, and now Amazon is coming, building a huge wind project in the area. How renewable-energy projects from tech giants are changing life in small-town America.
- Apple's newest iPhone relies on cameras to hide its lack of innovation
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:00 GMT - Apple, the company that created the modern-day smartphone, is relying on technology customers are already extremely familiar with, like cameras, and taking a backseat when it comes to smartphone innovation.
- Investors are flocking to money markets at the highest rate since the financial crisis
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:00 GMT - The industry has pulled in $322 billion over the past six months, the fastest pace since the second half of 2008.
- These US cities are seeing the highest job growth in the country—here's what workers earn there
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:00 GMT - The top city has over 152,000 openings and a median base pay of nearly $62,000.
- We really don't know where the US is on Syria, Saudi prince says
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:13 GMT - U.S. foreign policy in places like Syria has been "contradictory," according to the former chief of Saudi Arabia's intelligence services.
- Superstar German DJ 'permanently banned' from China for liking a 'South Park' tweet
- Sat, 12 Oct 2019 09:36 GMT - On Friday, Zedd tweeted about the ban, and CNBC verified the claim with his publicist on Saturday.
- Wall Street has doubts after partial trade deal: 'I don't think this gets us to Christmas'
- Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:03 GMT - The Dow gave up 200 of its 500-point gain in the final half hour as markets realized there was no timeline for removal of the existing tariffs.