Companies RSS Feed
- Biggest mistake in film history? How Sony turned Marvel's $20 billion catalogue of superheroes
- 2018-02-21T13:24:22+00:00 - It's been revealed that Sony Pictures had the opportunity to buy the film rights to Marvel's entirely catalogue of superheroes for just $25 million back in 1998.
- Legendary guitar-maker hanging by a string: Gibson faces bankruptcy
- 2018-02-19T12:58:54+00:00 - The iconic guitar-maker Gibson that has been used by pop stars as diverse as Bob Marley and Guns N' Roses axeman could face bankruptcy.
- Where can you still buy KFC? 600 UK stores close due to supplier problems
- 2018-02-19T12:44:21+00:00 - UK residents marching to KFC for a feed of fried chicken are being turned away by locked doors and closure signs.
- World's tallest wooden skyscraper to tower over Tokyo
- 2018-02-14T19:05:46+00:00 - A Japanese firm has announced plans for the world's tallest wooden building, a 70-storey skyscraper in Tokyo that aims to turn "towns into forests".
- Barclays Bank charged over 2008 Qatar fundraising
- 2018-02-12T08:58:37+00:00 - Barclays had already been charged for "unlawful financial assistance" in relation to the fundraising in July.
- Tesco equal pay claim could set supermarket giant back £4bn
- 2018-02-07T14:51:42+00:00 - Britain's largest retailer faces what could be largest ever equal pay claim as female workers earn £3 an hour less than men.
- Outrage over Virgin Trains' West Coast contract after its losses on East Coast line could see it renationalised
- 2018-02-05T21:47:23+00:00 - Transport secretary Chris Grayling says the huge losses suffered by the East Coast railway could mean it gets renationalised.
- Lloyds Bank bans customers from buying bitcoin on their credit cards
- 2018-02-05T09:27:09+00:00 - Bitcoin lost 30% of its value last week, ending at $8,291.87, less than half its $19,000 value reached in November.
- Carillion: Almost 400 workers lose their jobs after company's collapse
- 2018-02-02T10:46:48+00:00 - Construction giant collapsed into liquidation last month threatening approximately 20,000 jobs in the UK.
- NHS charged £1,500 for £1.73 pot of moisturiser by owner of Boots
- 2018-02-02T09:49:30+00:00 - Cost of custom-made drugs sparks warning from health service that companies deliberately hiking prices could face legal action.
- Pierre Agnes: Mystery surrounds multimillionaire boss lost at sea for second day
- 2018-01-31T19:04:00+00:00 - Mystery surrounds the whereabouts of surfwear and fashion boss Pierre Agnes after his boat was washed up empty on a beach in south west France two days ago.
- McDonald's deny scooping snow from street to make drinks
- 2018-01-31T18:31:43+00:00 - Customer filmed uniformed staff use blender jug to scoop snow and return to kitchen.
- A superhero reunion? Marvel boss on possible arrival of the X-Men following Disney/Fox merger
- 2018-01-31T12:56:16+00:00 - Kevin Feige dodges questions on how MCU masterminds are preparing for possible arrival of X-Men and Fantastic Four if Disney bid succeeds.
- Nintendo Switch exceeds lifetime sales of Wii U in just ten months
- 2018-01-31T09:25:40+00:00 - Dual-design concept console proves critics wrong and notches up sales of nearly 15 million from launch to end of 2017.
- H&M pulls kids' socks because pattern resembles Arabic word for Allah
- 2018-01-30T18:02:10+00:00 - Clothing store criticised for cultural insensitivity again just two weeks after ad showing black boy wearing "monkey" hoodie.
- Pierre Agnes: Quiksilver surfwear boss missing at sea
- 2018-01-30T14:38:23+00:00 - A search party is underway after a boat belonging to surfwear and fashion boss Pierre Agnes was washed up empty on a beach in southwest France.
- Ryanair makes landmark decision and agrees to recognise UK pilots' union
- 2018-01-30T09:46:52+00:00 - Irish budget airline says agreement proves its commitment to preserve pilots' and customers' interests.
- Peace declared in the sunbed wars? Thomas Cook launches pre-booked lounger scheme
- 2018-01-29T10:24:25+00:00 - Re-booking your sunbed will be trialled in the CanaryIslands next month and will be available in 30 hotels this summer.
- Shoppers threaten to boycott Ocado after CEO attends men-only charity dinner where hostesses were 'groped'
- 2018-01-24T11:30:38+00:00 - Ocado chief executive Tim Steiner was among the business names, alongside Philip Green and Peter Jones, who were expected to attend the Presidents Club Charity Dinner.
- Rupert Murdoch's £11.7bn bid for Sky blocked as it is 'not in the public interest'
- 2018-01-23T09:15:35+00:00 - Competition and Markets Authority provisionally blocks proposed deal that would have given Murdoch total control of Sky.
- Ryanair facing HMRC quiz over cabin crew pay
- 2018-01-19T16:50:19+00:00 - MPs say it is 'vital' to examine potential poor employment practices after it emerged cabin crew had to work for free.
- HSBC agrees to pay $101m fine to settle US currency rigging probe
- 2018-01-19T14:40:54+00:00 - US Department of Justice had launched an investigation into the bank's foreign exchange business.
- 'Shuddering and shaking' Malaysia Airlines plane forced to make unscheduled landing in Australia
- 2018-01-19T10:37:57+00:00 - Passengers said they were terrorised as the plane began shaking and making loud noises before being diverted to Alice Springs.
- In the red: Goldman Sachs co-president had $1.2m worth of rare wine 'stolen by assistant'
- 2018-01-18T12:26:46+00:00 - Between 2014 and 2016, Nicholas De Meyer stole bottles of fine wines, which he then sold to a North Carolina wine dealer.
- Carillion was a massive Ponzi scheme
- 2018-01-18T10:56:58+00:00 - the collapse of Carillion says a great deal about the state of Britain in the twenty-first century.