Companies RSS Feed
- Australia's car-making industry reaches end of the road as Holden shuts final plant
- 2017-10-20T15:28:15+01:00 - Holden began producing cars in 1948 but will stop operations in Australia, as Ford and Toyota have done over the last 12 months.
- Goldman Sachs boss hints at further Brexit moves away from London
- 2017-10-19T16:50:27+01:00 - Lloyd Blankfein tweeted that Germany's financial hub may be gaining more of his attention.
- UK banks face probe over South African corruption amid FBI investigation of Zuma and Gupta
- 2017-10-19T10:08:19+01:00 - FCA to investigate whether UK lenders were involved in the scandal involving South Africa President Jacob Zuma and the Gupta family.
- Been rejected for a role you wanted? Maybe you committed one of these 10 deadly interview sins
- 2017-10-19T07:00:01+01:00 - Being under-prepared for an interview, not asking any questions and making no eye contact are massive negatives.
- Lloyds Bank shareholders suing for being 'mugged' over HBOS takeover
- 2017-10-18T18:46:20+01:00 - The shareholders claim the bank failed to tell them HBOS was effectively bust before the transaction was completed.
- Wizz Air to set up UK airline amid growing Brexit worries within aviation sector
- 2017-10-18T15:38:31+01:00 - Wizz Air becomes the latest airline to take measures to ensure it will be able to operate after Brexit.
- Sainsbury's to slash 2,000 jobs across the UK amid escalating price war
- 2017-10-18T09:27:50+01:00 - FTSE 100-listed retailer will cut 600 back office jobs and 1,400 in-store clerks as it looks to save £500m.
- Theresa May's UK energy price cap will 'squeeze margins' for Centrica, SSE
- 2017-10-18T07:01:01+01:00 - Price controls unveiled by the Primer Minister could put some energy suppliers under severe strain, says ratings agency.
- UK grocers upping their game even as German discounters expand market share
- 2017-10-18T06:59:01+01:00 - British grocers are mounting a spirited defence of their market share, according to Moody's.
- Dow Jones jumps past 23,000 points as UnitedHealth shares rally
- 2017-10-17T17:25:41+01:00 - US blue chip index crosses historic mark for the first time driven by health insurance and consumer goods shares.
- Three quarters of Fortune 500 companies used offshore tax havens in 2016
- 2017-10-17T14:40:15+01:00 - New research finds $2.6trn in offshore profits, $752bn in unpaid US federal taxes.
- FCA investigates Jefferies investment bank for 'forcing analysts to change reports'
- 2017-10-17T14:39:15+01:00 - Former Jefferies analysts tells London employment tribunal the firm repeatedly bowed to clients' pressure.
- 'Project Fear' over Brexit has morphed into 'Project Stupid'
- 2017-10-17T12:19:57+01:00 - As a champion of free trade, Britain would benefit substantially upon exiting the EU, and the WTO framework - if needed - is nothing to be scared of.
- Airbus buys majority stake in Bombardier's C-Series jet programme in 'positive step' for Belfast jobs
- 2017-10-17T09:31:19+01:00 - Business Secretary Greg Clark hails deal as a positive step in the ongoing trade dispute with the US.
- Private equity group reaches 'preliminary agreement' to buy the Weinstein film company
- 2017-10-16T17:50:40+01:00 - Colony Capital, which manages $50bn in assets, set to buy the production outfit brought into disrepute by allegations of sexual misconduct against its co-founder.
- Daimler plans new legal structure for Mercedes, truck business
- 2017-10-16T14:37:30+01:00 - Automaker's car division, and trucks and heavy vehicles unit would become legally independent entities under one corporate umbrella.
- UK firm to open museum dedicated to espionage in New York
- 2017-10-16T11:21:50+01:00 - The spy museum would be privately funded with a visit likely to cost nearly $40 per head.
- Lidl follows Amazon in announcing massive UK expansion
- 2017-10-16T11:01:28+01:00 - Discount retailer to open its 'largest-ever' distribution centre resulting in the creation of several hundred jobs.
- Uber launches appeal against London ban
- 2017-10-13T16:14:50+01:00 - Taxi-hailing company will be allowed to continue to operate in London until the appeal process is resolved.
- BMW issues major recall of SUVs on airbag concerns
- 2017-10-13T14:28:30+01:00 - German automaker concerned some passenger airbags fitted in its X3 model may not inflate in the event of a crash.
- Ryanair to refer Lufthansa's 'stitch up' for Air Berlin to EU commission
- 2017-10-13T09:25:31+01:00 - Germany's flagship carrier will acquire two Air Berlin's subsidiaries and 20 aircraft after its rival went bankrupt.
- Monarch Airlines collapse should only hit UK airports in short-term
- 2017-10-12T17:17:16+01:00 - Fitch Ratings believes long-term impact on airports could be modestly positive if they are able to fill vacated landing slots with more lucrative long-haul flights
- PSG president facing criminal proceedings over bribery and Qatar World Cup bids
- 2017-10-12T15:10:13+01:00 - Case against Nasser Al-Khelaifi regards bribes offered to former Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke over World Cup rights.
- Lufthansa to sign 'milestone deal' for bankrupt Air Berlin
- 2017-10-12T13:24:49+01:00 - Air Berlin filed for insolvency in August, after racking up losses of over £710m last year despite a major overhaul.
- Just Eat gets provisional green light to devour Hungryhouse
- 2017-10-12T13:09:58+01:00 - UK competition regulator gives preliminary clearance for Just Eat's multimillion pound takeover of rival food delivery service.