Companies RSS Feed
- Jury says Samsung must pay $539M for copying parts of iPhone
- 2018-05-25T08:23:28+01:00 - Apple had argued it was owed more than $1 billon while Samsung contended the amount should be only $28 million.
- Brakes were not working on self-drive Uber that killed woman
- 2018-05-24T19:01:33+01:00 - An Arizona woman was killed by the Uber vehicle in the first known pedestrian. death by a self-driving car.
- Is the UK already in a care home crisis?
- 2018-05-24T13:30:04+01:00 - Care homes are struggling nationwide due to council fee income reductions and increased wage costs.
- Sony invests in image sensors, acquires more of EMI Music
- 2018-05-22T06:52:39+01:00 - Sony already owns 30 percent of EMI, so once the deal is finalized, it will own 90 percent of the company.
- New York workers could get right to ignore bosses emails and phone calls
- 2018-05-18T17:21:57+01:00 - "Right to disconnect" bill sponsored by New York City councilman wants to fine employers $250 who require staff to answer calls and emails after hours.
- Waiter, waiter! There's a CEO in the soup
- 2018-05-18T14:00:48+01:00 - Campbell Soup CEO Denise Morrison abruptly replaced.
- Work in the digital age: Why remote teams can still be disunited
- 2018-05-18T13:34:51+01:00 - Companies need the right mix of office space, flexible work policies, multi-site connectivity, training and technology.
- Carillion collapse: 'Directors too busy stuffing their mouths with gold'
- 2018-05-16T12:25:10+01:00 - MPs blame financial immolation of construction giant on greedy, reckless bosses.
- Uber shifts policy for alleged sexual assault cases in bid to purge sleazy image
- 2018-05-15T17:41:45+01:00 - A CNN investigation uncovered more than 100 sexual assault accusations against Uber drivers.
- Facebook purges 200 rogue apps as data scandal grows
- 2018-05-14T15:31:03+01:00 - Facebook suspends apps pending 'thorough investigation' following the Cambridge Analytica revelations
- Brexit-backing fracking tycoon Jim Ratcliffe becomes Britain's richest man
- 2018-05-13T14:40:06+01:00 - Jim Ratcliffe topped the Sunday Times Rich List 2018 with an estimated worth of £21.05bn.
- Starbucks makes bathrooms open to non-paying customers following racial firestorm
- 2018-05-11T15:21:14+01:00 - Coffee shop giant was humiliated after arrest of black man who asked to use the toilet in Philadelphia outlet went viral.
- Walmart breaks into India's massive online market with $16bn stake in Flipkart
- 2018-05-09T15:47:23+01:00 - Flipkart is established more than 800 Indian cities and makes 500,000 deliveries daily.
- Ireland: Facebook bans foreign ads as US anti-abortionists plot to influence referendum
- 2018-05-08T15:03:17+01:00 - Facebook has vowed to improve its transparency after revelations that political consultancy Cambridge Analytica harvested users' data.
- 'We're not slaves': Korean Air pilots protest abuse by elite founding family
- 2018-05-05T15:15:00+01:00 - Protests by employees of a "chaebol," the family-controlled big businesses that dominate the South Korean economy, are rare.
- Spotify's 1st report as public company flops on Wall Street
- 2018-05-03T07:01:02+01:00 - The stock hit a new high of $171.23 Wednesday before backtracking slightly and then tumbled by more than 11 percent in extended trading after the results were released.
- Data firm at center of Facebook privacy scandal will close
- 2018-05-03T06:56:03+01:00 - Cambridge Analytica said it has filed papers to begin insolvency proceedings in the U.K. and will seek bankruptcy protection in a federal court in New York.
- Iconic guitar maker Gibson seeks bankruptcy protection
- 2018-05-02T07:34:33+01:00 - A pre-negotiated reorganization plan filed Tuesday will allow Gibson Brands Inc. to continue operations with $135 million in financing from lenders.
- Nike's #MeToo moment leads to exit of executives in a flash
- 2018-05-01T17:58:27+01:00 - Women at Nike, fed up with the status quo, recently undertook a covert survey asking about sexual harassment and gender discrimination.
- Spotlight on spoiled children of South Korea's financial elite
- 2018-05-01T17:10:20+01:00 - Korean Air heiress apologises before police questioning.
- Sainsbury's boss Mike Coupe caught singing 'We're in the Money' made £500,000 on Asda takeover news
- 2018-05-01T10:58:39+01:00 - The CEO of British supermarket chain Sainsbury's has apologised after hot microphone singing.
- McDonald's turns up heat on sales and cooks up strong profits
- 2018-04-30T17:20:28+01:00 - Shares in the world's biggest fast food chain by revenue rose nearly 5 percent.
- Sainsbury's and Asda merger a 'game changer' for UK grocery market
- 2018-04-30T11:16:01+01:00 - Sainsbury's promises 10 percent price cuts as its shares surge as the market open.
- Major shake-up in UK grocery retailing as Sainsbury's and Asda plot 'epic' merger
- 2018-04-28T16:21:53+01:00 - Shock move would create the UK's largest supermarket chain with a 31% market share.
- Microsoft Windows adapts as its business importance declines
- 2018-04-27T06:13:34+01:00 - The company reported its financial results Thursday, and both its revenue and profits for the January-March quarter beat Wall Street forecasts.