- This Is How To Turn Your Hobby Into A Thriving Business
- Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:29:49 -0400 - According to Gallup, half of employees are ready to leave their jobs. Some of these individuals might even go on to start their own businesses. While statistics indicate that half of those startup attempts will be unsuccessful, right now the small business optimism index is at its highest level since its
- The First 3 Years of Self-Financing Your Business
- Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:47:45 -0400 - By Judy McNary, CFP When running a business, the first three years set you up for future success. Therefore, if you are self-financing, or bootstrapping, it's important to prepare yourself for financial success during these first three years. Those who opt to self-finance a new enterprise may do so for a
- How The 80/20 Rule Applies to Premium Loyalty
- Thu, 27 Sep 2018 10:28:13 -0400 - We all know about the 80/20 rule—80 percent of a brand’s sales come from 20 percent of its customers. These 20 percent are a brand’s best and most valuable customers, and they are the ones who will appreciate a better experience than the other 80 percent of customers. But what does that have to do with premium
- 4 Tips To Keep Personal And Business Finances Separate
- Wed, 26 Sep 2018 10:37:10 -0400 - Shutterstock photo If you haven’t separated your business finances from your personal finances yet, you’ll want to move that up to the top of your list. Keeping personal and business finances separate can help you stay organized and provide plenty of peace of mind especially around tax time. If you’ve
- 5 Entrepreneur Mistakes You Might Not Realize You're Making
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 09:48:06 -0400 - We all make mistakes. The key is recognizing those mistakes and taking steps to learn from them — before it’s too late. But are you making entrepreneur mistakes you’re not even aware of? You might be. Before these mistakes sink your business, take a step back and see if you’re falling into any of these traps: 1.
- 4 Pieces Of Financial Advice Every Budding Entrepreneur Needs To Hear
- Fri, 31 Aug 2018 10:01:00 -0400 - Promising businesses go under all the time. Unmotivated teams and stiff competition can drive startups to close shop, but research from CBInsights found that cash flow problems knock out 29 percent of failed small businesses . Without money to keep the lights on and employees paid, even a business with a great
- Financial Advisors: A Unique Approach Is Essential When Advising Entrepreneurs
- Mon, 27 Aug 2018 10:38:11 -0400 - Getting to know a client in advance is a sound business approach; getting to know an entrepreneur client in advance is essential. From the first meeting, be relatable and accessible. They want you to advise them, so, take an interest in their professional and personal life. Entrepreneurs can’t be put in a box –
- Are you prepared for the inevitable business disruption?
- Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:57:51 -0400 - This week marks an ignominious anniversary. On August 13, 2003, a single outage in the electric grid cascaded across eight northeastern states, putting 55 million people in the dark for days, and thousands of businesses out of business. The Great Blackout of ’03 was a catastrophic reminder that we’re all one nosy
- Why You Should Focus On Your Strength As A Business Owner
- Wed, 08 Aug 2018 09:42:06 -0400 - We hear a lot about taking our weaknesses and working on them until we become strong in those areas. Unfortunately, trying to turn weaknesses into strengths might not be the best or most efficient use of your time as a business owner. Recently, I came across a philosophy that recommends that you focus on your
- How Leaders Can Embrace -- And Thrive With -- Exponential Growth
- Mon, 06 Aug 2018 12:48:15 -0400 - We’ve all been trained to climb the ladder in our careers: Do well, hit your goals, get promoted, and repeat until you find yourself in a corner office. In reality, however, there are only so many management positions any company can sustain, and the idea that we all should be working our way toward those few
- There’s nothing small about small business trade
- Mon, 06 Aug 2018 10:03:56 -0400 - By now, most people aren’t surprised to learn that small business in America is actually quite big. You’ve heard the stats from the U.S. Small Business Administration that there are over 27 million small firms representing 99.7% of all U.S. employers. And I love reminding that these little powerhouses sign the front
- How Much Should You Earn From Your Side Hustle?
- Fri, 03 Aug 2018 10:26:00 -0400 - A side hustle can help you turn around a difficult financial situation. Whether you are looking to pay off debt , improve your retirement savings, or are looking to pad your cash flow to retire early, it may be possible with a side hustle . A recent Bankrate survey found that the average side hustler brings in
- 5 Business Lessons From Amazon Prime Day
- Wed, 01 Aug 2018 10:24:00 -0400 - Amazon’s annual Prime Day took the world by storm on July 16th, and as always it offered a mix of excitement, frustration, and seven figures in sales. But one thing is certain: there is a lot we can learn from Amazon’s Prime Day success. We may even be able to apply some of what we learn in our business endeavors.
- What is your small business exit strategy?
- Mon, 30 Jul 2018 10:11:34 -0400 - In the United States, it’s very easy to start a small business. Maybe too easy. If you remember those early startup days, then you’ll also remember that very soon the easy part ended. Indeed, from the moment you transitioned from your initial capital to needing to generate the Holy Grail of capital – profit from
- Applying for an SBA Loan? Get Ready to Buy Insurance
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:54:00 -0400 - This content is made possible by our sponsor; the views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc. In the small-business world, cash is like oxygen. With a hard work ethic, sound business sense and a little luck, the sky's the limit