|Federal Reserve News
Advancing Economic Knowledge Through Research & Data
- FRED Adds State-Level International Trade Data by NAICS Product Codes
- Thu, 25 Apr 2019 21:12:02 +0000 - These 324 series from the U.S. Census Bureau represent the manufactured and non-manufactured commodity imports and exports by destination and origin for the United States as a whole and for each state. You can easily find these new series in … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Homeownership Data with Racial Breakdowns
- Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:12:39 +0000 - FRED has added 5 homeownership series from the U.S. Census Bureau that represent the proportion of owner-occupied households broken down by race. You can easily find these new series in this release table.
- FRED Adds 102 State-Level Labor Force Participation Rate Series
- Thu, 04 Apr 2019 20:33:44 +0000 - These 102 monthly series represent seasonally adjusted and non-seasonally adjusted data on the labor force participation rate for each U.S. state and Washington, D.C., beginning in January 1976. A state’s labor force participation rate is the number of all employed … Continue reading
- FRED Adds 6 Secured Overnight Financing Rate Series
- Mon, 01 Apr 2019 20:42:14 +0000 - These six series from the New York Fed represent a broad measure of the cost of borrowing cash overnight collateralized by Treasury securities. These rates include all trades in the broad general collateral rate plus bilateral Treasury repurchase agreement (repo) … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Swap Rates
- Fri, 29 Mar 2019 18:22:25 +0000 - FRED has added 48 Swap rate series from ICE Benchmark Association. These data represent the mid-price for interest rate swaps (the fixed leg) in three major currencies (EUR, GBP and USD) and in tenors ranging from 1 year to 30 … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Business Formation Statistics
- Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:17:43 +0000 - FRED has added 1,144 series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Business Formation Statistics release. The Census Bureau developed this release in collaboration with economists affiliated with the Federal Reserve Board, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, University of Maryland, and University … Continue reading
- Updates to Affected Data
- Mon, 28 Jan 2019 19:14:04 +0000 - FRED awaits new data release schedules from statistical agencies affected by the recent partial U.S. government shutdown. FRED will update affected data series as soon as the data are published by the originating agencies.
- FRED Expands GDP and NIPA Data
- Mon, 07 Jan 2019 20:31:34 +0000 - FRED has added 173 non-seasonally adjusted series from the national income and product accounts from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). These series are the non-seasonally adjusted counterparts to the gross domestic product, gross domestic income, and federal, state, and … Continue reading
- Some FRED Data Not Updated Due to the U.S. Government Shutdown
- Mon, 24 Dec 2018 20:01:21 +0000 - Effective December 24, 2018, the U.S. federal government may suspend updates of some data series. We will monitor the situation and update the series in the FRED database as soon as new data are made available. Affected Sources: Board of Governors of … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Some Precious Metal
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 21:44:44 +0000 - FRED has added 17 daily series on the price of silver. These series depict the value of silver for major currencies through London bullion market auctions.