|Federal Reserve News
Advancing Economic Knowledge Through Research & Data
- FRED Adds Some Precious Metal
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 21:44:44 +0000 - FRED has added 17 daily series on the price of silver. These series depict the value of silver for major currencies through London bullion market auctions.
- Error in JOLTS Government Industry Data for Hires, Total Separations, and Layoffs & Discharges
- Tue, 07 Aug 2018 17:05:53 +0000 - The BLS discovered data errors in federal government hires, total separations, and layoffs and discharges and have removed observations since January 2011. Go to this link for updates on when the data will be corrected. The FRED series affected by this suppression … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Cryptocurrency Series
- Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:36:44 +0000 - FRED has added four series on the prices of different cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin. The price data are updated daily and span from as early as 2014 to the present. All data were obtained from Coinbase, a cryptocurrency exchange company, whose overall digital asset performance is depicted in the … Continue reading
- FRED Adds County Wages
- Wed, 30 May 2018 15:09:32 +0000 - FRED has added 812 annual series on mean real household wages adjusted by cost of living. Mean household wages are obtained from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey and are further adjusted for cost of living using regional price parities … Continue reading
- Board of Governors Closure: March 2, 2018
- Fri, 02 Mar 2018 20:45:02 +0000 - Friday, March 2, 2018: Because of the extremely high winds expected in the Washington, DC, area today, all Board of Governors buildings are closed. As a result, FRED will not be updating the following releases: Interest on Required Balances and … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Housing Data
- Thu, 08 Feb 2018 18:23:53 +0000 - FRED has added 158 series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s New Residential Sales report. These series depict national and regional statistics on new houses sold and for sale by stage of construction and by sales price. Go to the FRED graph … Continue reading
- Some FRED Data Not Updated Due to U.S. Government Shutdown
- Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:05:51 +0000 - Effective January 22, 2018, the United States federal government may suspend updates of some data series. We will monitor the situation and update the series in the FRED database as soon as new data are made available. Affected Sources: Board … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Advance Economic Indicators
- Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:38:00 +0000 - View graph on FRED. FRED has added 42 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Advance Economic Indicators report. These series depict the advance estimates for retail and wholesale inventories and international trade in goods. The advance estimates represent the current-month statistics … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Retail Data, Part 2
- Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:09:31 +0000 - View graph on FRED FRED has added 262 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s retail trade program. These series provide current estimates of sales and inventories for U.S. retail and food service firms.
- FRED Adds Retail Data, Part 1
- Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:09:17 +0000 - View graph on FRED FRED has added 38 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s retail trade program: These series provide early estimates of monthly sales for various U.S. retail and food service firms.