|Federal Reserve News
Advancing Economic Knowledge Through Research & Data
- FRED Adds Trade Data
- Tue, 14 Nov 2017 21:17:12 +0000 - FRED has added 502 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s foreign trade program: These series cover goods imported to and exported from the United States by geographic location.
- FRED Adds Quarterly Financial Report Data
- Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:02:24 +0000 - FRED has added 2,392 quarterly series on the financial results and position of U.S. corporations from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Quarterly Financial Report. These data represent estimates from balance sheets, retained earnings, and related financial measures broken down by business … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Construction Spending Data
- Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:27:51 +0000 - FRED has added 48 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Construction Spending release. These new series cover monthly percent changes in the dollar value of construction work done in the United States on new structures or improvements to existing … Continue reading
- Changes to Personal Income Release
- Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:58:48 +0000 - The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) has been making improvements to the publication of National Income and Product Accounts. Starting with the October 30, 2017, release of personal income and outlays, a number of series in FRED will be discontinued … Continue reading
- Changes to Gross Domestic Product Release
- Tue, 24 Oct 2017 18:03:38 +0000 - The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) has been making improvements to the publication of National Income and Product Accounts. Starting with the October 27, 2017, release of gross domestic product, a number of series in FRED will be discontinued to consolidate duplicate … Continue reading
- FRED Adds District-Level Banking Data
- Wed, 13 Sep 2017 17:40:15 +0000 - FRED offers two new datasets on banks supervised by the Federal Reserve Districts: total assets and number of banks. These data differ from the typical, historical data by classifying banks according to the District that has supervisory responsibility for it, … Continue reading
- FRED Adds BIS Data
- Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:18:03 +0000 - FRED has added 38 new quarterly series from the Bank for International Settlements’ Credit to Non-Financial Sector and Property Price releases: 16 series show residential property prices in emerging markets, advanced economies, Serbia, and the United Arab Emirates, including both real and … Continue reading
- FRED Adds 56 Hiring Indicators Series
- Wed, 17 May 2017 14:17:24 +0000 - FRED has added 56 monthly series from the DHI Hiring Indicators published by DHI Group, Inc. There are 52 series that fit into two major sections of this release, the recruiting intensity and vacancy duration. Both of these indicators are … Continue reading
- FRED Adds House Price Data
- Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:54:35 +0000 - These 2,402 annual series from the Federal Housing Finance Agency include county-level house price indexes. The house price index is a broad measure of the movement of single-family house prices.
- Moody’s Corporate Bond Yields Restored in FRED
- Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:53:03 +0000 - FRED has reestablished an update of Moody’s Aaa and Baa corporate bond yields. These series are constructed by Moody’s from bonds with maturities of 20 years and above.