|Federal Reserve News
Advancing Economic Knowledge Through Research & Data
- FRED Adds District-Level Banking Data
- Wed, 13 Sep 2017 17:40:15 +0000 - FRED offers two new datasets on banks supervised by the Federal Reserve Districts: total assets and number of banks. These data differ from the typical, historical data by classifying banks according to the District that has supervisory responsibility for it, … Continue reading
- FRED Adds BIS Data
- Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:18:03 +0000 - FRED has added 38 new quarterly series from the Bank for International Settlements’ Credit to Non-Financial Sector and Property Price releases: 16 series show residential property prices in emerging markets, advanced economies, Serbia, and the United Arab Emirates, including both real and … Continue reading
- FRED Adds 56 Hiring Indicators Series
- Wed, 17 May 2017 14:17:24 +0000 - FRED has added 56 monthly series from the DHI Hiring Indicators published by DHI Group, Inc. There are 52 series that fit into two major sections of this release, the recruiting intensity and vacancy duration. Both of these indicators are … Continue reading
- FRED Adds House Price Data
- Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:54:35 +0000 - These 2,402 annual series from the Federal Housing Finance Agency include county-level house price indexes. The house price index is a broad measure of the movement of single-family house prices.
- Moody’s Corporate Bond Yields Restored in FRED
- Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:53:03 +0000 - FRED has reestablished an update of Moody’s Aaa and Baa corporate bond yields. These series are constructed by Moody’s from bonds with maturities of 20 years and above.
- FRED Adds County Racial Dissimilarity Data
- Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:00:03 +0000 - These 3,143 county-level series measure the percentage of a racial group’s population in a county who would have to move Census tracts for each tract in that county to have the same percentage of that group as the whole county. Jahn, … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Data on Preventable Hospital Admissions
- Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:00:37 +0000 - These 3,139 county-level series come from the Dartmouth Atlas of Healthcare. The Dartmouth Atlas of Healthcare calculates the preventable hospital admissions rate by dividing the number of discharges of ambulatory care sensitive conditions per 1,000 medicare enrollees.
- FRED Adds County Poverty Data
- Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:00:48 +0000 - These 3,143 county-level series come from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey. Each series represents the percentage of the population in a county who live below the federal poverty line.
- FRED Adds Mean Commuting Time Data
- Thu, 09 Mar 2017 14:00:59 +0000 - These 3,143 series on commute time are calculated from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey. Each series is calculated by dividing the aggregate travel time to work for all workers by the total number of workers, 16-years of age and … Continue reading
- FRED Adds County-Level Data on Income Inequality
- Wed, 08 Mar 2017 14:00:43 +0000 - These 3,140 series are calculated from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey. For each series, the 20:20 ratio is used to determine the level of inequality in a county. The 20:20 ratio is the ratio of the mean income for … Continue reading