|WSJ Live News
- Google Slapped With $2.7 Billion EU Fine Over Search Results
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:36:24 EDT - The European Union’s antitrust regulator fined Alphabet’s Google a record $2.71 billion for favoring its own comparison-shopping service in search results.
- Sprint Enters Into Exclusive Talks With Charter, Comcast on Wireless Deal
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:17:09 EDT - Sprint has entered into exclusive talks with Charter Communications and Comcast as the cable companies explore a deal that could bolster their plans to offer wireless service, according to people familiar with the matter.
- UPS to Freeze Pension Plans for Nonunion Staffers
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:19:24 EDT - United Parcel Service plans to freeze pension plans for thousands of nonunion employees, seeking to contain the burden of a retirement fund with a nearly $10 billion deficit.
- Stir Fry on Sale? Blue Apron Turns to Deals to Draw Customers
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:22:47 EDT - Meal-kit maker Blue Apron has ripened to a company on the verge of an initial public offering with 1 million customers and more than $790 million in annual revenue. But the company is finding it hard to get loyal customers.
- Under Armour Brings Back COO Role
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:18:22 EDT - Under Armour said that it brought in a footwear executive to be its new president and operating chief, adding a top deputy under founder and CEO Kevin Plank as the company seeks to reinvigorate growth.
- Trump Administration Struggles to Find Community Banker for Fed Board
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:48:35 EDT - The Trump administration is struggling to find a nominee for the Federal Reserve board with community banking experience, delaying plans to fill two other Fed vacancies, including a key regulatory post.
- IMF Cuts U.S. Economy Forecast Amid Rising Policy Uncertainty
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:33:47 EDT - The International Monetary Fund lowered its forecast for the U.S. economy on Tuesday, saying it could no longer assume the Trump administration will be able to deliver pledged tax cuts and higher infrastructure spending.
- U.S. Durable Goods Orders Fall 1.1%
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:11:47 EDT - Demand for long-lasting factory goods declined in May for the second straight month, a possible sign of softness in the U.S. manufacturing sector.
- Hollywood Studios, Suspicious of China's Box Office, Conduct Audit
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:44:18 EDT - Hollywood studios are conducting an audit of box-office receipts from Chinese movie theaters out of concern that they are being short-changed.
- Samsung Revives Galaxy Note 7 With New 'Fandom Edition'
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 07:57:48 EDT - A refurbished version of the premium smartphone, whose global recall last year garnered unwanted attention for Samsung after some caught fire, is coming to retailers’ shelves on July 7 with different components under the name Galaxy Note 7 FE.
- Kohl's Poaches CFO From Supervalu
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:17:27 EDT - Kohl’s has hired an executive with experience in food and office supplies to serve as its next chief financial officer.
- Trump Administration Opens Marathon Nafta Hearings
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 05:30:05 EDT - The U.S. Trade Representative’s office plans to hold three days of public hearings over plans to rewrite the Nafta deal with Mexico and Canada.
- Rural Youth Chase Big-City Dreams
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 00:05:47 EDT - Young people are leaving Iowa’s Mahaska County and other rural communities in the nation’s heartland to go to college—and not many are coming back.
- New-Home Sales Rise in May as Prices Hit Record Level
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 22:30:00 EDT - New-home sales rose in May and prices hit a record, more evidence of a housing market characterized by strong demand and tight inventories.
- This Shipping Magnate Is Calling a Bottom in the Oil Rout
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:18:40 EDT - Shipping magnate John Fredriksen is trying to buy more oil tankers despite a glut of vessels afloat, a looming $10 billion in debt and two failed takeover attempts that have left his empire reeling.
- Judge Denies Qualcomm Motion to Dismiss FTC's Competition Suit
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 01:25:05 EDT - A U.S. federal judge ruled against Qualcomm’s motion to dismiss a Federal Trade Commission case arguing that the large supplier of smartphone chips used its position to compete unfairly.
- European Cities Are Just Saying 'No' to Scandal-Tinged Diesel Vehicles
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:22:20 EDT - European mayors, pressed by courts and activists, are banning or curbing diesel use to combat health-threatening smog, presenting a threat to car makers’ livelihood.