|WSJ Live News
- Tesla Plays the Long Game With Semi Truck
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 19:44:19 EST - Elon Musk is taking on the commercial truck market with an approach that defies conventional expectations: all-electric vehicle capable of traveling for hundreds of miles on a single charge.
- Outcome Health Offers Voluntary Buyouts to Employees
- Sun, 19 Nov 2017 00:11:23 EST - Outcome Health, a Chicago startup, offered voluntary buyouts to employees, and Harvard Health Publishing and the American Medical Association put their partnerships with the company on pause.
- An Apparent Suicide and Alleged Witness Intimidation, as Soccer Goes on Trial
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:44:31 EST - Companies across the globe have been accused of taking bribes, and a former lawyer apparently took his own life, as a case alleging corruption in high-stakes soccer gets under way in Brooklyn.
- Big Oil and Auto Makers Throw a Lifeline to the Combustion Engine
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:48:25 EST - Oil companies and the auto industry are teaming up to preserve the internal combustion engine, as tough regulation and electric vehicles put the car industry’s century-old technology at risk.
- Fox Bidders Are Enticed by International Assets
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 04:22:09 EST - For Comcast and others interested in acquiring pieces of 21st Century Fox, the media company’s international operations are the main attractions, as the U.S. pay-television market slows down.
- GOP Steams Ahead With Tax Overhaul
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 23:15:59 EST - Republicans are powering tax overhaul plans through Congress with remarkable speed, having departed town for a Thanksgiving recess Friday after important victories in the Senate and House.
- Tax Talks Advance Without an Analysis of Economic Impact
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:35:43 EST - The tax debate that consumed Congress this week was missing an ingredient Republicans say is essential to any realistic analysis of changes in the tax law: an accounting of the economic growth impacts of an overhaul.
- Housing Starts Bounce Back Strongly
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:28:59 EST - U.S. housing starts rose last month to the highest level in a year, a sign that builders are getting back on track after hurricanes lashed the southeast and dampened residential construction activity in September.
- U.S. Industrial Production Increased Strongly in October
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:49:28 EST - U.S. manufacturing made a strong post-hurricane recovery in October, making up almost all output lost from hurricanes Harvey and Irma and boosting overall industrial production.
- Fed's Williams: Time For Central Bankers to Weigh New Policy Toolkit
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:26:27 EST - Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President John Williams called again on Thursday for policy makers to rethink how they conduct monetary policy in a changed economic and financial landscape.
- Community Health Systems in Talks to Extend Nearly $2 Billion in Debt
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 18:42:05 EST - Community Health Systems, one of the largest publicly traded hospital chains in the U.S., is in talks with a group of bondholders led by Franklin Resources to extend nearly $2 billion in bonds coming due in 2019, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Reddit CEO Cracks Down on Abusive Content to Protect Users, Attract Advertisers
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:53:44 EST - Steve Huffman is trying to weed out violent and abusive content from Reddit, and he’s also personally been investigating whether Russian-linked entities used his platform to spread divisive messages. He hasn’t found much yet.
- Google to Double Presence in Japan
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:04:56 EST - Alphabet’s Google plans to move in 2019 to a new Tokyo office big enough to double its staff to ride a wave of technology investment in Asia and challenge Amazon.com and Microsoft.
- The Tax Proposals That Are Most Likely to Pass in Washington
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 21:47:56 EST - Lawmakers in the House and Senate have separate tax-overhaul bills with a multitude of differences, but the similarities between them are a good indicator of what will pass.
- Treasury's New Approach to Debt: Go Short
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:15:08 EST - The Treasury department is set to increase the share of shorter-term debt issuance and reduce the share of longer debt issuance, ending a yearslong trend that favored long-term debt issuance.
- Al Lechter Packed His Stores With Kitchen Gadgets at Bargain Prices
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:00:04 EST - As a retailer of pots and pans and other kitchenware, Al Lechter was old-school and his stores were stuffed with thousands of basic kitchen tools, from spatulas to egg slicers. Most sold for less than $10.
- VW Accelerates Electric Car Effort With $40 Billion Investment
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:09:10 EST - Volkswagen plans to invest around $40 billion over the next five years to develop electric vehicles, self-driving cars and Uber-like mobility app services in the clearest sign yet that auto makers are betting the future of their industry on the new technology.
- Activate the Crowd-Control Unit! They're Opening a Wegmans
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:04:53 EST - These days, launches of specialty-food-chain stores draw thousands and require police crowd control. ‘It reminded me of when the Beatles came to America.’